General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 6.0 Final Released

<< < (3/7) > >>

vint:
I assume he is talking about in 5.8 from settings clicking the lite upgrade it informs us that we are running the latest version

Jerry:

--- Quote from: PrivateTech on September 30, 2022, 01:43:12 AM ---
Now, that the LinixLite version 6.0 is released, maybe it is a good idea to stop telling users of the earlier version 5.8 that they have the most current version when they check for an upgrade.

--- End quote ---

Can you please be more specific about where you are seeing this message?

PrivateTech:
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful new release.

Now, that the LinixLite version 6.0 is released, maybe it is a good idea to stop telling users of the earlier version 5.8 that they have the most current version when they check for an upgrade. It actually surprises some users and they are asking why there is no upgrade available when the new version is released already.

If it cannot be upgraded from 5.8 to 6.0 (very unfortunately and highly anticipated), it would be great to say just that. Something like this:

"A new version 6.0 is released and available but there is currently no path to upgrade from LinuxLite 5.8 to 6.0. It needs to be downloaded and installed from scratch. Alternatively, check later in case if/when it becomes possible."

At least it won't confuse users.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jerry:
Thank you @Artim @Şerban @Anmol Kumar :)

Şerban S.:

--- Quote from: Jerry on September 20, 2022, 07:44:48 PM ---Moved up a spot today...

--- End quote ---

That was great!
As if today, it is even greater: Top 10!

Now, given the fact that Linux Lite 6.0 is living it's last month, it is presumable that most users, are waiting for LL 6.2 so at some extent, I can understand the decrease of downloads.
But this very fact is relevant: it tells me that the new users choose Linux Lite over many other distros, that are considered "seasoned" ones.
As for me, I'll take the ride with LL 6.2 from Day One! :D

Thanks, best thoughts and best wishes Jerry, for this great accomplishment!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version