You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 4.6 RC1 Released

Author (Read 48442 times)

Re: Linux Lite 4.6 RC1 Released
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 02:16:51 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
USB Persistence tutorial added.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 03:37:37 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

@tek10 excellent report, thank you :)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:45:18 PM »

tek10

• Occasional Poster
  • Patreon Supporter
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-5800K

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon HD7660D

I wrote the ISO to a USB with dd. Live system worked fine on two different systems.

Installed on a hard drive using "Something else" to two existing partitions. Install went as expected with no problems. Followed the recommendations on the welcome screen for updating, etc. The theme selector works, the volume toggle tutorial is clear and functional and the CPU performance plugin is working as I type. Everything shows Linux Lite 4.6. The current versions of software are as listed and work fine with basic testing.

I competed many of my usual customizations and have a functional system so far. So, no bugs yet but I will continue to use for a couple days and see how it goes. Nice job Jerry and team!

Linux Lite 4.6 RC1 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Release Announcement

Linux Lite 4.6 RC1 is now available for testing.

Changes:

Lite Welcome gets a new Theme selector. Easily select either a Light or Dark Theme from the outset:

There is a new Keyboard and Num Lock section added to Lite Welcome too:

Help Manual gets Volume toggle tutorial. Time permitting, we'll also try to fit in a USB Persistence tutorial.

Updated Lite Sources with comment about Linux Lite repos only (see image below).

The CPU Performance mode plugin xfce4-cpufreq-plugin has been added as an option to the tray. Select it by right clicking on the Taskbar, Panel, Add new items, CPU Frequency Monitor. Right click on it and move it to where you want it.

New Wallpapers.

Updated the Papirus icon theme to the latest release.

Details:

Kernel: 4.15.0-55 (custom kernels also available via our Repository for versions 3.13 - 5.2)
Firefox: 68.0.1 Quantum
Thunderbird: 60.8.0
LibreOffice: 6.0.7
VLC: 3.0.7
Gimp: 2.10.12
Base: 18.04.2

Known Issues:

None as yet (watch this space as more people become involved in the testing process and report back to us).

There is no upgrade to or from RC releases. RC releases are for testing only and it is not recommended to run them as your main or secondary operating system.

Downloads:

HTTPS:

Download 64bit from here - Linux Lite 4.6 RC1 64bit
md5sum: 1220c90fea1e70aba1c012d0fdd3efcd
Size: 1.45Gb (DVD, USB)

TORRENT: (Fastest way to download the RC)

64bit Torrent from here - linux-lite-4.6-rc1-64bit.iso.torrent
Hash: 07ab9834da10d0c002bd6beb6f29be4d10604dcc
Size: 1.45Gb (DVD, USB)

Live USB/DVD/VirtualBox/Vmware:

Login is automatic, no credentials are required. The image can be written to a 2gb or larger USB stick, or a writable DVD. Alternatively, you can use the dd command: sudo dd if=linux-lite-4.6-rc1-64bit.iso of=/dev/sdx bs=4M where 'x' is the letter of your usb stick. In linux to find out the letter of your usb stick, open a terminal and type: df -h It is usually listed as 'media' or similar. Please see the built in Help Manual if you require a more detailed explanation of this procedure.

Yumi, Multiboot and other multi-boot applications are not supported. A good, simple point and click USB ISO burner is https://etcher.io/
If the screen locks during Live mode, type linux into the user box and click on the Login button (no password required)

Minimum Recommended Specs:
1Ghz processor
768mb ram
8gb HDD/SD
VGA screen capable of 1024x768 resolution
DVD drive or USB port for the ISO image

Preferred Specs:
1.5GHz processor+
1024mb ram+
20gb HDD/SSD+
VGA, DVI or HDMI screen capable of 1366x768 resolution+
DVD drive or USB port for the ISO image

Login to the live desktop is automatic.

The first thing you MUST do after a fresh install of Linux Lite is run Menu, Favorites, Install Updates.

As this is a RC release, there are bound to be bugs etc. Please help make the final stable for other people by participating in this RC. Please report any bugs and feedback in this thread.

Thank you :)

Jerry and the team.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section