General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 4.2 Beta Released

(1/4) > >>

Nyto:

--- Quote from: tek10 on October 04, 2018, 11:03:56 PM ---
 The refinements give 4.2 a more pleasing feel overall. Looking great Jerry! I'll run the beta until the 1 Nov release and let you know if I run across anything of note.

--- End quote ---

:(  Is the release coming out on Nov.1st??
 :'(  I didn't even have the time to try this beta  :-[
No doubt about it: As you get older, time seems to accelerate  :'(

Jocklad:
Pulling in plenty of updates now.......No errors  :)

Jerry:
Thank you @tek10 ))

tek10:
 Been testing with two system installs the past week. One in virtualbox, haven’t found any issues. Looks and performs well.

The second is a hardware install on my HP G60 laptop.  Running a Pentium T4200 with 3GB RAM and a Hybrid HDD. After removing virtualbox files I’m seeing boot times in the 27-31 seconds range. Better than I saw with 4.0.Tried the newer 4.18 kernel but there isn't a noticeable difference in boot time.

The refinements give 4.2 a more pleasing feel overall. Looking great Jerry! I'll run the beta until the 1 Nov release and let you know if I run across anything of note.

TheDead:
@Jerry
Yeah... sorry about that, I meant when you use the PPA and install the devel version of Wine!
BTW I tried to install on a old DELL PowerEdge2900 server... couldnt install ;) Pretty sure it's because of the crappy graphics card because Linux Lite 2.8 installed fine... and really fast, hehe!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version