General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 3.8 Final Released

<< < (2/10) > >>

GregO:

--- Quote from: Jerry on April 01, 2018, 10:46:46 AM ---Thank you GregO!
We appreciate your support :)

--- End quote ---

YW, and I'm sure I'll be ordering 4.0 as well.

Jerry:

--- Quote from: GregO on April 01, 2018, 09:53:07 AM ---Purchased 3.8 on DVD and had it shipped to me.

I've been a rush to get an old machine up and going for the grandchildren, and decided to go with Linux Lite.
Once I got that machine up and running with this OS, the machine hasn't had much rest.

Thanks Jerry, we're loving it!!!

--- End quote ---

Thank you GregO!
We appreciate your support :)

GregO:
Purchased 3.8 on DVD and had it shipped to me.

I've been a rush to get an old machine up and going for the grandchildren, and decided to go with Linux Lite.
Once I got that machine up and running with this OS, the machine hasn't had much rest.

Thanks Jerry, we're loving it!!!

anastiel:
I'm happy for the work, I hope Version 4.0 in the future

TheDead:
Upgraded an older machine from 3.4 (updated) to 3.8. The update did not succeed and was greeted with a black screen...

I didnt know at the time it crashed, thought maybe it was taking a long time so I left the machine running.
I came back 2 days later and was still on black screen, had to hold power button to turn off PC.
On reboot it made a Kernel panic and stopped. Rebooted, same.

I held SHIFT on reboot and reverted back to previous 4.10 kernel and it booted ok.
Then trying to do updates it said installation was broken and I had to do a repair (sorry I didnt take note of the command but I think it was a dpkg --config something). It work on a bunch of packages for awhile and came back to prompt. Rebooted OK so I ran the updates (step 1) .
I had to leave but it seemed to be working. I'll see tommorow.

If you have any tests for me to do, I'll run them also.

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version