General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 3.6 Final Released

<< < (2/6) > >>

newtusmaximus:
1) Fresh install 3.6 32 bit to V3405 from DVD ran smoothly.  Updated without problems from default resource
2) Upgrade from 3.4 64 bit to 3.6 on Si120  ran smoothly.  Updates working from default resource.

Hardware database  updated.
Will upgrade Desktop next week.

Thanks to all involved. .

firenice03:
Few hours later still smooth as glass  8) 8)

I upgraded all systems 1 thing I noticed I did have to set SAMBA back up (no biggie) https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/network.html#shares
As in the upgrade change log, the share displays linuxliteshare; noticed if left the same a warning is received that a name is longer than 12 characters followed by another warning. The share will continue to work or if one wants the error removed change the share name from linuxliteshare to liteshare or another..

firenice03:

--- Quote from: Jerry on September 01, 2017, 09:22:59 AM ---Cheers firenice03. Following the steps to the letter will result in a dramaless upgrade. This was tested heavily. The upgrade code makes me nervous and paranoid to the point of running a number of testing scenarios to ensure quality.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Upgraded the other systems all no problems..
Mini 32-bit 
Kangaroo 64-bit dual boot Win10 (efi test)

Profile info updated to reflect 3.6 :)

arxontas:
32 bit it took the update smooth .
But  this update it is not really had anything to brag abt. But it works fine any way.
Keep up the good work boys.

whateverthing:

--- Quote from: Vera on August 31, 2017, 06:26:58 PM ---.... Awesome work. I especially liked the new wallpapers! So cool. I put the new wallpaper (shown at top of OP) in as my bootup splash screen (not the xfce splash but the bootup splash) since it is soooo much better than the current yellow background with feather. Now I will feel extra-happy every time I boot up my machines. Thanks Jerry for such a great distro.

--- End quote ---

@Vera -- I love hearing that the new feather wallpaper design is being enjoyed by you and others! Thank you for calling that out.

I've added some wallpaper remixes to the thread recently:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/wallpapers/new-feather-logo/msg34744/#msg34744

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version