You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 3.0 Beta Released

Author (Read 141221 times)

Re: Linux Lite 3.0 Beta Released
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 05:07:46 AM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb
Problems updating LL 3.0 64 bit beta this morning.

It was our old friend google-chrome causing the update errors.

Problems have also been reported on google-chrome with Ubuntu 16.04.

Chromium and Firefox working fine on 64 bit.

Think I will give Google chrome a wide berth for the time being.

Otherwise LL 3.0 beta running great.

Jocklad.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:15:00 AM by Jocklad »

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 12:43:23 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
So far I like how it's set up...  Jerry

I would like to suggest Guake as a drop down terminal, kinda confused that you never considered to have this type already built in. Unless it would make the ISO too over sized.

I been using it from 2.4 and never had any issues, also I have it automatically start with LL. Press F12 and bang it drops down and F12 throws it back up. It also keeps what has been written there.

I'm still testing it on my thumb drive or should I install it? If so would a dual boot be ok? I don't have a spare computer to try it.

Just wanted to mention that a drop down terminal seems to be the staple with most Linux users. Also it would take most of the scary aspect of using one away and give it a built in feel.

Anyone else use a drop down terminal?

A drop down terminal is not something our target audience, Windows users, would expect to see. I certainly appreciate all suggestions, but they must focus purely on Windows people. Linux users familiar with the command line, and then a drop down terminal can easily set this up. Cheers :)

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 12:37:12 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

One possible bug, can anyone else replicate this?

- Install Steam and Dropbox from Lite Software
- After installation, start both apps, network tray icon disappears

Must be done on real hardware as Steam doesn't start in VirtualBox. Thanks :)

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Can't replicate the 64bit requiring user & pass on live boot, I used imagewriter to burn the iso to usb, looks like unetbootin is a good option too. Can confirm VirtualBox kernel message.
Got prompted on both 32 and 64, both copied to usb via yumi, on windows.. I can try tomorrow on single usb with win32diskimage on windows :)
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Can't replicate the 64bit requiring user & pass on live boot, I used imagewriter to burn the iso to usb, looks like unetbootin is a good option too. Can confirm VirtualBox kernel message.

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 10:32:42 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Folks, please remember to include what architecture, 32bit or 64bit your testing when making your posts, so I know where to fix the bugs! :)

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »

glin22

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 duo

• VIDEO CARD: onboard VGA support
I fired up LL3.0 beta in virtualBox.

The first thing I noticed is when I was installing it, no indicator showed the progress even though there was disk activity, it just sat there. Once it was installed and did an update, then a progress bar showed activity.

When I right click on the desktop, the menu that comes up is very strange, doesn't show an indicator bar showing where I am at in the menu. Also, the menu behavior in the whisker menu area just seems odd to me visually. Shouldn't that also show a light blue bar first in the first section ? The second area to the right has a darker blue bar whose behavior seems ok, wish the first part had the light bar using the same behavior.

In the workspace area, I was a bit confused when I looked there, it doesn't mimic what's actually on the screen, a generic icon comes up, it threw me off for a few minutes until I figured out what was going on. Is is computationally expensive to get the screen and shrink it so it shows the super small version of the screen in the workspace area ?

Anyway, these are just my impressions and feedback so far on the 3.0 Beta

I am using the 64 bit version of the Beta.

Glin22
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:06:45 PM by glin22 »

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
wow. good luck with the download. I keep fingers crossed that all comes in without a problem.

Thanks! Download successfully finished and 64bit system already booted up via USB stick.

Great job Jerry & team! Highly appreciated! :)

Didn't play around with it yet. But I noticed the following: When I click "Terminal" on the panel I get a terminal window titled "Command Line". If I open a second one it's called "LXTerminal". Not a biggie, but not to confuse new users it might be better consistent.

Also, the terminal can be resized by dragging the borders ONLY on the top left corner. I assume that's not the intention, is it?

Thanks again for all the hard work! :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:49:51 PM by LL-user »

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 10:18:45 PM »

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Gave it a try some time ago, as I did with Tilda.
Ditched all of them after a while again. I'm working quite a lot with terminals, so to me these kind of special tools have been more a restriction. Beside that I prefer the system as clean, simple and light as possible. That's why I use Linux Lite :)

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

I know that we're done talking about the control center, however I still see it in the terminal as an option to install it in 2.8. Just FYI guys.

Does anyone know for sure whether the Lite Control Center will be back for the 6/1 final release of Citrine?
Such a simple question, yet it remains unanswered.  Is there no one who knows the answer to that question?

Anyone?

Not at this stage, will let you know if anything changes. No need to ask the same question multiple times, I do read all the posts and have been asleep since my last post. Cheers.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »

Lend27

• PayPal Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i7-4790K

• VIDEO CARD: NVidia GTX760
I know that we're done talking about the control center, however I still see it in the terminal as an option to install it in 2.8. Just FYI guys.

Does anyone know for sure whether the Lite Control Center will be back for the 6/1 final release of Citrine?
Such a simple question, yet it remains unanswered.  Is there no one who knows the answer to that question?

Anyone?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:30:21 PM by Lend27 »

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 08:01:23 PM »

LinuxNoob

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 6x AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor

• VIDEO CARD: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
I'v been bashing Windows way before Microsoft.....

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Live USB (64-bit) prompting for userid/pw = thought this was auto logon?
anyone remember the typical default??

Installed to a multi-boot flash drive :)

Ok think it was id/ it and blank.. got clicky happy and think that's what I had in there
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:00:13 PM by firenice03 »
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 07:48:36 PM »

Ottawagrant

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo Core 2 E8400 @ 3.00GHz

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43
Wanted to mention: If you have a choice for your computer of a dvd (iso) install, or installing from a flash drive - go with the flash drive. This is NOT a complaint, I just found the dvd install a bit slow. I want to make sure this is in perspective - an install is a one time deal. To continue the discussion on the 'lite control center' it's not in the repository either. No problem. May 9th, early days yet. Going to install LL 3.0 on a nVidia/AMD based computer tomorrow & then a netbook. For you US Powerball players - play the number '3'. It's looking lucky.

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »

LinuxNoob

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 6x AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor

• VIDEO CARD: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
So far I like how it's set up...  Jerry

I would like to suggest Guake as a drop down terminal, kinda confused that you never considered to have this type already built in. Unless it would make the ISO too over sized.

I been using it from 2.4 and never had any issues, also I have it automatically start with LL. Press F12 and bang it drops down and F12 throws it back up. It also keeps what has been written there.

I'm still testing it on my thumb drive or should I install it? If so would a dual boot be ok? I don't have a spare computer to try it.

Just wanted to mention that a drop down terminal seems to be the staple with most Linux users. Also it would take most of the scary aspect of using one away and give it a built in feel.

As for the control center, I'm kinda so so about it not being there, I been trying to use it more but I am also used to using the setting icon like before so to me it's not a big thing. It does look more nice than the setting way. However if it's not available, I'm not that upset.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:46:24 PM by LinuxNoob »
I'v been bashing Windows way before Microsoft.....

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section