You are Here:
Download Linux Lite 5.6 RC1 for testing today - See Release Announcements

X Close Ad
X Close Ad

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Linux Lite Software Development / Extension for 32bit version?
« Last post by paulus on July 19, 2021, 06:05:58 AM »
Hi all,

Next to my main desktop, I have a few laptops of Dell Latitude D620. Although they are all 64 bit, it is too heavy to run a 64 bit Linux distro on them, because they only have 1 GB of ram.

I know that the latest 32 bit version of Linux Lite is 3.8, but that has been discontinued since April 2021!

1. Are there any plans to resume the creation of a 32 bit version of Linux Lite?
2. If not: is it still recommendable to make use of LL 3.8 32 bit?
3. If not: what would be your suggestion to use instead?

Thanks in advance for answering!

paulus
On Topic / Linux Lite saved my skin (again)
« Last post by Earthenware on July 19, 2021, 05:55:27 AM »
I've been working with two different concurrent Operating Systems (Win8 and LL) for years now. Win8 was there for historic reasons.

I've tried MX-Linux in virtual machines and I wanted to make the full transition, as I understand that it doesn't use systemd.

What a disaster. The installer gave me an error that it couldn't install GRUB and, worse, left my system unable to boot.

Fortunately, I already had a bootable LL 5 USB, and installed from that. It gave me a message that a funny additional partition was required (which was easy to do) and everything then worked first time. So that's full marks and thanks to Jerry!

PS: MX-Linux has been top of the Distrowatch download charts for months, as people try to escape systemd. I can't help thinking that if LL were to remove it then LL would instantly become the most popular linux OS.

Security & Bug Fixes / Re: Windows not maximizing all the way
« Last post by David Pessoa on July 18, 2021, 07:48:55 PM »
Thanks man, but...

I never put another monitor on my Notebook (at least after I changed for Linux Lite), but I tried the method you said anyway and unfortunately doesn't work too...

I recently found F11 still work to put the Gimp on "Full Screen" for me, is not exactly what I wanted (because de buttons of the window aren't visible on this mode) but it's a way to continue to see completely what's in the workscreen on this application

(sorry if some sentences are bad formed, my english is not one of the bests)
Installing Linux Lite / Re: Linux Lite Is The Bomb!
« Last post by Jerry on July 18, 2021, 03:35:39 PM »
You can install Microsfot Edge on Linux Lite if you want! ;) LoL

Printing and Scanning / Re: HP Laser 107w
« Last post by paulus on July 18, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

I tried your recommendations, and it worked out! Now the printing problem is over. In some distros there is already a solution: e.g. in Linux Mint, Q4OS and some other (all based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), so it would be great if the creators of Linux Lite also would integrate this solution into their great distro. That makes life a lot easier! :022:

Thanks again for your positive contributions! :)

paulus
Installing Linux Lite / Re: Linux Lite Is The Bomb!
« Last post by TheDead on July 18, 2021, 01:09:12 PM »
You can install Microsfot Edge on Linux Lite if you want! ;) LoL
Video Cards / Re: Graphical tearing upon install
« Last post by Berrycloth on July 18, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
THAT FIXED IT! thank you so much   :bow
Printing and Scanning / Re: HP Laser 107w
« Last post by paulus on July 18, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

Great that you replied! I will try your recommendations asap, and will then let you know!

Thanks again! :)

paulus
Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Ads block forum
« Last post by trinidad on July 18, 2021, 09:42:42 AM »
The ads on the sides go away when you log in to the forum.

TC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
X Close Ad
X Close Ad

Download Linux Lite 5.6 RC1 for testing today - See Release Announcements