You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Music Thread
« Last post by Şerban S. on Today at 05:49:34 AM »
There is a long list of names in this world of music...
I suppose that Vangelis, Pink Floyd, Beethoven, Chopin, were the most influential entities for me.
I had a very old dream to play the piano and after the early '70s, when the Moog emerged, I knew the electronic music was my choice.
Life though, was less in my favor.
My musical training is close to none (except grades I - IV, which was very long ago...). Lack of support from family...
I still want to make music so, what I would like to get from you, is what you feel and think of that:

It is my second album.
Most of the music was composed, played and recorded on a Korg PA500. Some tracks (two, as far as I remember, track 4, "What Are You Doing For Yourself" and track 7 "Mediteranean Echoes") were made with a DAW on a laptop with a Behringer UMX610.
Off Topic / Re: Music Thread
« Last post by Şerban S. on Today at 05:32:21 AM »
Thanks for pointing me to this!

Classic style electronica. Interesting, melancholic vibe with musically narrative aspect to it, beings at 37:42.

Off Topic / Re: Linux Mint?
« Last post by Şerban S. on Today at 05:16:53 AM »
Hi!

I was conflicted before over what to pick; Linux Mint or Linux Lite. I have used both prior my installation but Lite has won my heart. I don't know, Mint is fine, but perhaps Lite's Help Manual and just better ease of use won me over. What do you guys think of LM?

I've been using Linux Mint from LM 15.x to 18.x. That is, five years. On a daily basis.
Since this is the Linux Lite forum, I belive the only notable thing to say, is that since I switched to Linux Lite, some "fine tuning" aspects proved to be convincing enough.
As for a daily choice, I guess if something dramatically changes inside Linux Lite, I'll probably get back to Linux Mint. At least, for some time.
For now, as if today's makeup, making a choice between Linux Lite and Linux Mint, is difficult, even for me.
Being objective on such an extremely subjective matter, such as personal taste over performance, makes a sound choice look at least "difficult".
On the other "side of the moon"...
Linux Lite walks the talk.
After almost 6 years of daily work, some 10 hous uptime/day, I guess I have enough practice to say that indeed, Linux Lite walks the talk.
I never had memory issues (while on Linux Mint, was the primary issue that made me move!)
Complex environment setup.
I use a lot of custom installed applications so fault tolerance is a key feature.
After making the choices on what to install and what for, you'll have to face the challenge of blending the apps into the internal gear of the OS.
After testing many other distros, the ease of use,  complex setups tolerance and high stability, became the "measuring" tool for any distro.
Still, there is another factor that IMHO defines a good distro: the community.
Is it warm? Is it large enough? Is it tolerant? Is it responsive?
The distros in themselves, are pretty much the same thing nowadays.
If someone belives the distro can do anything, well, I'd recommend : "Play with the distro 5 years. Then we talk. If you can stand the trial period."
Is it the distro? I am pretty sure it is the guy behind the gear, who pulls the strings.
So, to conclude, if you need to be convinced to make one choice or another over X distros:
"Play with the distro 5 years. Then we talk. If you can stand the trial period."

Best regards, Șerban.

Off Topic / Linux Mint?
« Last post by keiaa on Today at 03:58:54 AM »
I was conflicted before over what to pick; Linux Mint or Linux Lite. I have used both prior my installation but Lite has won my heart. I don't know, Mint is fine, but perhaps Lite's Help Manual and just better ease of use won me over. What do you guys think of LM?
Updates / Re: Update error - dpkg was interrupted
« Last post by stevef on Today at 01:03:14 AM »
Please open a terminal by pressing 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'T' together

In the terminal window type or paste in this command
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg --configure -afollowed by return/enter. When asked for your password, type it in followed by return/enter.

Then try running your preferred method to update/upgrade
Updates / Update error - dpkg was interrupted
« Last post by tausif34 on Today at 12:52:48 AM »
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
Other / Re: the keyboard on my hp 10-n105nl detachable no longer works
« Last post by keiaa on April 22, 2024, 11:08:52 PM »
I haven't been able to encounter this instance before so I'm afraid that I can't do much. However, this might help you.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1274890/ubuntu-20-04-keyboard-not-working
« Last post by Enrico Brucato on April 22, 2024, 02:05:58 PM »
it's as if she is no longer recognized
« Last post by Enrico Brucato on April 22, 2024, 01:57:38 PM »
the error no longer appears, but the keyboard still doesn't work. It was something like, the devide not working
Wallpapers / Pretty Normal Wallpapers
« Last post by keiaa on April 22, 2024, 10:42:27 AM »
Here are some good wallpapers that I was able to find, which may be great for minimal customization in minimal install systems.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mNO-kjFakrN1uhNJ1hvWb4_Fv74z2uKx?usp=sharing
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section