Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Trying to connect Epson printer

(1/3) > >>

Al1000:
If you haven't found a solution yet, have you tried downloading drivers from Epson?

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/

There are two drivers available for download for the XP-410 Series printer, and two for the scanner.

I had similar problems trying to install my Epson DX5000 printer with downloading the driver through Linux Lite, but I had exactly the same problem with Mint 16 so I reckon the problem is at the transmitting rather than the receiving end. After installing the printer driver from Epson, I was able to ''add'' the printer without any issues.

Bromax2:
Thanks for the help. Not sure what the problem is.

N4RPS:
Hello!

It's weird that Firefox won't download the .deb without bombing. I tried it again, on several 32-bit machines, and had no issues.

Then again, I don't have an Epson printer around here to play with. I just installed the driver...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Bromax2:
OK...I reinstalled LSB, went back to the DEB link, clicked, after some time trying to connect, it stops and says: "Printer: Epson XP-410-Series..." That's it, just as before, nothing downloads...there's nothing to save. Back to where I started.

N4RPS:
Hello!

Thanks for posting that for me. OK, so you already have gdebi. My bad.

Sounds like you already had lsb there, also, then removed it (because I told you to, of course).

So... type

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get install lsb
--- End code ---

again, then, in Firefox, click on the link you originally posted and click to download whichever .DEB for LSB 3.2 file you need (32 or 64 bit).

A popup window will appear in Firefox. Easiest to just select 'Save File'. This will save the .deb to your /home/<username>/Downloads directory.

Go to that folder in File Manager (or through Firefox), right-click on the icon for the driver .deb, select 'Open with "GDebi Package Installer"', and let us know what happens from there...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version