You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Printing to a PDF file on a server file

Author (Read 3103 times)

Re: Printing to a PDF file on a server file
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »

sostrax

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thanks, I appreciate it and I know that. I know we can click a location each time we print. The question was how do I set a default location. I am thinking of setting up some public PC's and each PC will have a different default folder on the server to save it to.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:58:46 PM by sostrax »

Re: Printing to a PDF file on a server file
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
When you print to file, the "File:" section (under the General tab of the Print popup window) is where you tell your output to print.  You can also give your output a new name and Output format (PDF, Postscript, or SVG) at that point.
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

Printing to a PDF file on a server file
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:23:12 PM »

sostrax

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I noticed when I booted the LinuxLite 3.2 from a CD that there is no printer installed (which is good) yet when I downloaded a PDF from email, and opened it in the default PDF viewer, there is an option from the menu to Print then PRINT-TO-FILE.

Great option but does anyone know where is the config file to change the default print-to-file location as to aim it to a server? This way the user can always have it saving the print-to-file (PDF) to a specific folder.

Thanks for any help :)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section