You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

installing canon ip7250

Author (Read 4238 times)

Re: installing canon ip7250
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
@acolaja ,

First, if you have Linux Lite 4.2 64bit installed, you would use the amd debian files.  AMD and x64 pretty much mean 64-bit architecture.  i386 pretty much means 32-bit architecture, and Linux Lite 4.2 does not come in a 32-bit flavor.  So since you have 64-bit Linux Lite 4.2 installed on 64 bit architecture, use the AMD files.

Secondly on the *.deb files, you could run them one at a time by double clicking on them and they will install via Gdebi.  Or from the folder where the amd deb files are located, open a terminal, and use the following command.  This command will install both debian files in one shot.  Make sure just the AMD debian files are in the folder or else it could attempt to install the i386 debian files, too:

Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

The command is taken from this link:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1650417

Also as another option, remember my tip about connecting directly using a USB cable.  The computer may learn the drivers via that connection, then attempting to connect to the printer via wifi can come after that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:27:57 PM by torreydale »
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »

acolaja

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello,
I tried to use that download, after extracting I have executed the command suod ./install.sh
Unfortunately it doesn't worked, there was an error with libtiff4 not found
Extracting there is a folder with 4 .deb file, 2 for amd and 2 for i386. I have a 386 architecture, but i don't know the sequence. the filename is:
cnijfilter-common_3.80-1_i386.deb
cnijfilter-ip7200series_3.80-1_i386.deb

Bye
Andrea
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:00:45 AM by acolaja »

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x

@acolaja ,

Consider downloading and installing the driver using this site:
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip7250.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:13-994509&os=Linux%20(64-bit)&language=EN

It will download as a compressed *.deb file.  Uncompress it by right clicking and selecting extract here.  Then double click on the *.deb file to install the driver.

You could also consider connecting directly to the printer using a USB connection first.  Try a test page that way.  Then try connecting via the wifi.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:49:27 PM by torreydale »
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

installing canon ip7250
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 03:41:21 PM »

acolaja

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,
I'm new with linux and linuxlite. I'm trying to use this os with an old pc for my kids, but i need to have my canon ip7250 working.
Trying the option to add printer it doesn't work, the printer was found on the network (it on wifi network) but trying to installa I receive this message "There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'server-error-internal-error"
Searching on the web I try to installa driver from canon site, but it doesn't work.
Next I try to install driver from community but it doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
This is the instructions that i tried: https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/Hardware/StampantiScanner/Canon

Thanks
Acolaja
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:52:01 PM by acolaja »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section