You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HP P1102w printer disappears on reboot

Author (Read 5362 times)

HP P1102w printer disappears on reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:06 PM »

Richard Mockler

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I successfully installed my HP Laserjet P1102w printer using hplip, and it works great.   However, each time that I reboot, the printer is gone and I must reinstall it.  This did not happen when I was using Ubuntu.  Any suggestions?
Thanks, mailmockler

I am editing my earlier post to explain my solution.  I am not sure why, but when I initially installed this printer with hplip, I took the approach of setting it up as a Network printer.  It installed fine, but upon rebooting, it had gone away.  So, I changed my approach, and used hplip to install it as a wireless printer.  I had to connect the printer to my computer with a printer cable, and when finished installing the printer, I was instructed to remove the cable and configure it.  After I removed the cable I rebooted and the printer was immediately found and functioned normally.  So, it looks now like the printer is properly defined and here to stay.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:28:34 AM by Richard Mockler »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section