You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HP Laser 107w

Author (Read 20250 times)

Re: HP Laser 107w
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Forgive my late reply to this thread.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer, or other HP printers, in the latest version of Linux Lite?

Might try again later, as the confounded HP app is exasperating and frustrating.....that's two "ing" words I know. Call me fussy or pedantic, I just like to know how others have got on. No harm meant on.

Cheeers  :027:

@landfill

I would suggest the following - if you haven't yet --- https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/hardware.html#printer

If still having issues - I'd start a new thread with Printer Model - LL version and Kernel if you've change from the default.
Has this printer worked on a previous version of LL?

LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 07:25:24 AM »

landfill76

• New to Forums
  • linux lite user
    • View Profile

• CPU: ?

• VIDEO CARD: ?

Forgive my late reply to this thread.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer, or other HP printers, in the latest version of Linux Lite?

Might try again later, as the confounded HP app is exasperating and frustrating.....that's two "ing" words I know. Call me fussy or pedantic, I just like to know how others have got on. No harm meant on.

Cheeers  :027:
if raving has taught me anything....it's that I really love to rave!

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »

landfill76

• New to Forums
  • linux lite user
    • View Profile

• CPU: ?

• VIDEO CARD: ?

hullo all  :wave

I agree there is something not integrated into LL that makes setting up HP printers a pain. When I was using Solus, wifi drivers were built into the kernel and worked out of the can, so to speak. Now no big deal on LL a quick google and I was able to get internet going, but the HP laserjet printer is proving another matter :banghead I am truly stumped, and what makes it more frustrating is reading of people getting it working. I really don't want to have to install win 10 as I like LL, but very annoying after much fruitless searching to not be able to get the printer up and running, it prints from the android app, so I know there is no issue with the printer, very odd  :019: :023:

Cheers all,
A
if raving has taught me anything....it's that I really love to rave!

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »

paulus

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Penryn rev: A L2 cache: 3072 KiB

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics vendor: Fujitsu Solutions driver: i915v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:2e32
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

I tried your recommendations, and it worked out! Now the printing problem is over. In some distros there is already a solution: e.g. in Linux Mint, Q4OS and some other (all based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), so it would be great if the creators of Linux Lite also would integrate this solution into their great distro. That makes life a lot easier! :022:

Thanks again for your positive contributions! :)

paulus

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »

paulus

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Penryn rev: A L2 cache: 3072 KiB

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics vendor: Fujitsu Solutions driver: i915v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:2e32
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

Great that you replied! I will try your recommendations asap, and will then let you know!

Thanks again! :)

paulus

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 09:49:16 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 09:42:15 AM »

Bob Skill

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD athlon 64 dual processor

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia Ge force6100
It is a problem that a lot of HP printers got left off in Ubuntu 20.04.  Hp used for years used to be automatic with ubuntu..LL still is much print automatic with LL4.8 .  For 20.04, see https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip :Do as told. then install:
https:/developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/install/install/index?language=pt It took me two weeks to get to this. I sent letter to ubuntu and HP to fix before ubuntu 22.04

HP Laser 107w
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 08:46:42 AM »

paulus

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi all,

First, I'd like to thank the developers for this amazing distro!

To get to the point: on my x64 desktop with 8 GB ram, I try to install my printer: HP Laser 107w (or the HP Laser 103-107-108). I direct to the original ppd: HP_Laser_10x_Series.ppd, which works on any other Linux distro. Also I tried to install via cups: http://localhost:631/. But this didn't bring the solution either.

I tried to install via cups, via printmanager and cups, but following message appears: "Rendering completed." After executing the error trace modus, the system hangs.

In the website cups: http://localhost:631/, it says: stopped | "Filter failed".

Hope anyone has the solution!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 02:35:03 PM by paulus »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section