Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

HP Laser 107w

(1/2) > >>

firenice03:

--- Quote from: landfill76 on November 15, 2022, 07:25:24 AM ---Forgive my late reply to this thread.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer, or other HP printers, in the latest version of Linux Lite?

Might try again later, as the confounded HP app is exasperating and frustrating.....that's two "ing" words I know. Call me fussy or pedantic, I just like to know how others have got on. No harm meant on.

Cheeers  :027:

--- End quote ---

@landfill

I would suggest the following - if you haven't yet --- https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/hardware.html#printer

If still having issues - I'd start a new thread with Printer Model - LL version and Kernel if you've change from the default.
Has this printer worked on a previous version of LL?

landfill76:
Forgive my late reply to this thread.

Has anyone had any experience with this printer, or other HP printers, in the latest version of Linux Lite?

Might try again later, as the confounded HP app is exasperating and frustrating.....that's two "ing" words I know. Call me fussy or pedantic, I just like to know how others have got on. No harm meant on.

Cheeers  :027:

landfill76:
hullo all  :wave

I agree there is something not integrated into LL that makes setting up HP printers a pain. When I was using Solus, wifi drivers were built into the kernel and worked out of the can, so to speak. Now no big deal on LL a quick google and I was able to get internet going, but the HP laserjet printer is proving another matter :banghead I am truly stumped, and what makes it more frustrating is reading of people getting it working. I really don't want to have to install win 10 as I like LL, but very annoying after much fruitless searching to not be able to get the printer up and running, it prints from the android app, so I know there is no issue with the printer, very odd  :019: :023:

Cheers all,
A

paulus:
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

I tried your recommendations, and it worked out! Now the printing problem is over. In some distros there is already a solution: e.g. in Linux Mint, Q4OS and some other (all based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), so it would be great if the creators of Linux Lite also would integrate this solution into their great distro. That makes life a lot easier! :022:

Thanks again for your positive contributions! :)

paulus

paulus:
Hi Bob Skill and Trinidad,

Great that you replied! I will try your recommendations asap, and will then let you know!

Thanks again! :)

paulus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version