You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HP Deskjet 1010

Author (Read 5382 times)

Re: HP Deskjet 1010
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
brian55,

That printer definitely works in LL 2.0 -- I have same one and it is the one shown in the printer setup instructions in the Help Manual:  https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/hardware.html#printer.

Just remove whatever you have now and follow instructions above to setup the printer.  Once it's setup, just use following command to install a package that makes managing the printer easy:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install hplip-gui
P.s.  Help Manual page makes reference to "latest master driver for HP printers" and gives a download page for them.  You do not need to do that for this printer.  Just run through setup procedure, then install hplip-gui and you'll be good to go.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »

rijnsma

• Forum Regular
  • Never give up..
    • View Profile
I don't know if what I'm going to show had any relevance, but this is how I got a not willing p1606dn laser-printer to work, some months ago:

sudu to root and:

export TMPDIR=/tmp
hp-plugin

eventually
hp-plugin -i
for running in a console.

After that I could install the printer and I was happy.

Maybe try?  :)

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Was the printer automatically detected when you first started? If so, remove the printer via Menu, System, Printers. Then try re-adding it.

HP Deskjet 1010
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »

brian55

Cannot get this printer to work through LL. It responds by throwing out a blank sheet.
In server settings I get "Cups server error. There is an HTTP error - not found." so I cannot adjust these settings.
I know the printer is OK (works on my windows machine) and that all necessary software is downloaded. I did select HP Deskjet 1000c as the nearest driver as I cannot find an exact match on Linux.
Anybody got any ideas? Thanks ..

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section