You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Help Please: Canon Pixima MG3200 Printer/Scanner , simple-scan scans poorly

Author (Read 6919 times)

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
First step is to check the max DPI in your scanner manual. Then set the text max. to that in Simple Scan. Leave photo resolution unless there's a color image in the document. You should also be able to scan with Gimp.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

well, i am perplexed, but thats ok, i tried Xsane scanner recently and it seems to do better than simple scan, my printer prints the scanned image in better visual quality , so for now i am putting this on hold . maybe in "simple scan" next version something newer than 3.28.0 , it might get fixed , i learned a lot about scanning and scanners, ha ha

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
First step is to check the max DPI in your scanner manual. Then set the text max. to that in Simple Scan. Leave photo resolution unless there's a color image in the document. You should also be able to scan with Gimp.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Simple Scan can be made to work better via Document > Preferences: Increase dpi Resolution(s), set Quality to max.
With presets only the results may well be mediocre.

i made a video showing the settings and other things, on "simple Scan" , this version of simple scan might look different at your end , at my end , on simple scan, there are 2 settings for resolution, just watch the video .

my printer and scanner does well on my windows 10 "back up" pc upstairs .
on linux , printing stuff from the web and other things is fine, so the printer works fine , its just when it scans  a image/document , it again scans poor visual quality and prints the scanned image/document poorly, looks faded and washed out.

after watching the video , what settings should i try ? , i did play with simple scan some, but i am perplexed as to why it does poorly now , when a few months ago it did well.

richtea

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: E3815 @ 1.46 GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Atom Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series
Simple Scan can be made to work better via Document > Preferences: Increase dpi Resolution(s), set Quality to max.
With presets only the results may well be mediocre.
Terry Davis Command Line video cracks me up.
Quod delere vos ego faciam permanens.

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

canon pixma mg3200 ; MG 3210 ; MG3220 ; MG3240 ; MG3250 ; MG3260 ; MG3270 ; MG3280 driver and software full version at http://driver-canon.com

ok, i downloaded and extracted it and even found a cool video on how to do this , have not tried this yet .

if the scanner program that came with linux lite works , but scans a poor visual quality , will this method you are suggesting make it scan in a better visual quality ?....

my man had to go to a copy store and have them make copies , ha ha , .

i want to say thank for the help . hugs .

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

been using linux lite 4.0 , very happy with it , my printer is a canon MG3200 series , prints and the scanner works on the simple-scan.
my ink is fine, black is at 40%.
color says 0%, but did a test run, color prints fine. i find that odd.

:( :( :( :( "simple-scan", has started to scan and give poor visual quality , and also very poor print quality , it was fine before.
its not my ink.
i tried the just text in "simple scan", still crappy, it was set on photo, that scan is visually poor as well.

??? is there another scanner program i can try ?. please help, or i will just go to my windows 10 PC to do this ,
its been almost a year now, and not used my windows 10(back-up) pc yet...... linux rocks. if i have to , i guess i can use my windows pc, please help.

i thank every one who can hopefully help me  :-*

what  i done so far , i removed my printer and then re-added it , helped a tiny bit.
tried this scanner "gscan2pdf" , image print was slightly better.
also , i took out the color ink cartridge, tested it , it is not clogged, still heavy, full of ink.
i understand that if i choose "grayScale" , then set my printer options  like this  "color precision" to best. "ink type to black" and inkset to black" , it should only use the black cartridge, so i think.
does the ""inverted graySscale""   use color some how, i did some reading , where in some printers if  "inverted grayScale"  is used , the yellow in it  runs out , making the printer think its all out, ha ha . the color cartridge is full and heavy in weight . it still prints black just fine . i am puzzled  , will try this "Gimp" method i did some reading  up on when i have the time .

so any thoughts or idea's ?

Help Please: Canon Pixima MG3200 Printer/Scanner , simple-scan scans poorly
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

been using linux lite 4.0 , very happy with it , my printer is a canon MG3200 series , prints and the scanner works on the simple-scan.
my ink is fine, black is at 40%.
color says 0%, but did a test run, color prints fine. i find that odd.

:( :( :( :( "simple-scan", has started to scan and give poor visual quality , and also very poor print quality , it was fine before.
its not my ink.
i tried the just text in "simple scan", still crappy, it was set on photo, that scan is visually poor as well.

??? is there another scanner program i can try ?. please help, or i will just go to my windows 10 PC to do this ,
its been almost a year now, and not used my windows 10(back-up) pc yet...... linux rocks. if i have to , i guess i can use my windows pc, please help.

i thank every one who can hopefully help me  :-*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:38:03 PM by kissbaby3 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section