You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Can't get Epson WF-2760 Scanner to work in Linux Lite 4.0

Author (Read 3130 times)

Re: Can't get Epson WF-2760 Scanner to work in Linux Lite 4.0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:31:28 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
These days Linux can connect to and work with just about anything, literally; a claim Windows will never be able to make given the nature of its system. Unfortunately a lot of OEMs make this process too difficult to universalize for Linux. Often Linux users must go through some technical steps in the terminal to solve connection issues. The seeming plug and play ease of Windows is a commercial prestige, that is a deception wrought through business contracts. Below is a link which has the information you need, and perhaps someone here can lead you through the process.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/894988/networked-epson-wf-2760-scanner-not-detected-in-64-bit-16-04-2

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: Can't get Epson WF-2760 Scanner to work in Linux Lite 4.0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 01:25:30 AM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
Have you tried the scanner program that was in the graphics part of the menu. I setup my fathers' Epson all in one without issues but you do have to use the separate program to scan.

Can't get Epson WF-2760 Scanner to work in Linux Lite 4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »

Abw

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: I-3

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel

Hi, In my time with linux (all the way back to 2004) scan detection has always been an issue.. You got to wonder why it is no one has figured out how to make it full proof right out of the box. (Like Windows does) Anyway I'm liking Linux Lite over Ubuntu! surprise huh.My WF-2760 prints but the scanner is not detected. I'm not interested in config files being wrongly setup nor am I interested in any complicated solution. I'm to old to figure all this out. Does anyone have a simple solution? Real simple? If you think you can figure it out I'd be willing to give you the ID and temp password to Teamviewer so you can  get on and get the scanner going, how bout that? This would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for helping, Andrew
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:14:41 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section