Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

(1/6) > >>

firenice03:
@vint 
yes just the USB - it can be powered on..

Specifically during the registration process... Step 2

--- Quote ---For printers connected via USB
(1) Turn the main power of the printer ON → connect the computer and printer via USB cable → click [Refresh].
If the printer is displayed in the list, printer registration is complete.
If the printer is not displayed in the list, proceed to the next step.
(2) Disconnect and reconnect the cable with the main power of the printer ON → click [Refresh].

--- End quote ---

vint:
@firenice03,
I assume that means just the USB being unplugged, do I need to remove the printer from the OS using the command Line?

firenice03:
@vint
As long as the printer is not connected to the PC during driver install...

vint:
Morning @firenice03,
I will research the uninstall code sometime today, my printer USB is plugged into a USB hub;  should I unplug the printer or just unplug the USB from the hub?  Just wondering.  Have a great Sunday.

firenice03:

--- Quote from: vint on March 12, 2022, 06:50:43 PM [email protected],
FYI, I haven't tried to reinstall the driver, also the printer set up still says that it is a network printer.  So should I uninstall the printer driver and then install again?  Also do I have to use the command line to delete the printer from the system?  I know that in W7 even though the peripheral is deleted I still have to go into reg edit to find left over files associated with the device and delete them.  I'm at a stand still with this because I'm not sure where to go from here.

--- End quote ---

@vint

In those links I posted from Canon - I believe I saw uninstall - it cant hurt.. Specially if showing as network.. I'd remove that printer and try readding... Dont have the printer connected until ready to add it....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version