Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

<< < (2/9) > >>

vint:
I will have to go to the readme file first and then copy it and I'm a bit busy at the moment so it will be a while

trinidad:

--- Quote ---the removal language for the terminal on Canon
--- End quote ---
That code.

--- Quote ---it works just fine on Windows
--- End quote ---
That is why Linux sees it as a network printer.
TC

vint:
Trinidad,
The reason it shows up as a network printer is because I pressed yes instead of no, as it is plugged in with USB and was never used as a network printer on Windows, I haven't a network any longer in my office.  I made the mistake and I'm just trying to start over with the installation process, Canon does have the printer driver package so I am not sure where or what you're looking at.  I'll figure it out eventually but the removal language for the terminal on Canon gives the terminal fits so I'm trying to find a solution and until then since I dual boot it works just fine on Windows.  The driver is available on the Canon website, what code are you referring too?

trinidad:

--- Quote ---deb terminal language
--- End quote ---
Where did you find that and what is it specifically? Post the code you used.

TC

vint:
Howdy Serban,

Canon does provide the deb package, the driver and the installation went well except for me, the problem was my fault with the installation and being very green with the terminal language in Linux Lite.  I use my printer with a USB plug in not as a network printer and I pressed yes when I should have pressed no.  So now I'm stuck trying to start over and the deb terminal language in the Canon removal isn't liked by Linux Lite Terminal.  I just purchased this laser printer/scanner in 2021 and I am not going to purchase a new one just to satisfy Linux and their inability to provide an easier way to install printers.  I don't mind dual boot as I still use Windows for many things but I have found little help on the forum with this, and I am just going to have to fix it myself.   

Until I figure it out I'll keep using W7 to print and since Linux is so good I can download from LL to USB and take it to W7 and print without any problems at all.  I chose Linux Lite knowing that printers are a major problem with all things Linux unless you have an HP and I will never purchase another one of their printers because they are a $$$$$ pit, and so is Epson for that matter. 
Anyway, thanks for the pep talk and I appreciate the help and you have a blessed day.

Best regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version