Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

<< < (8/9) > >>

stevef:
Maybe look here for a walk through.

https://tutorialforlinux.com/2022/02/15/how-to-install-canon-imageclass-d530-d550-d570-printer-on-ubuntu-20-04/

vint:
Howdy stevef,

I will give it a try today and let you know where it leads.  I've been using the command line doing the copy and paste thing and actually performed a virus scan all on my own. 
I appreciate the help.

regards,
vint

stevef:
To see if your downloaded archive file contains specific instructions - take a look inside it using the GUI.

Open your Downloads folder and double click on linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen-20.tar.gz

This should show you the files contained in the archive.  Look for a file named README or similar.
If there is one, right click and extract it to a preferred location, then close the archive and view the extracted file with the appropriate application for the README.  If the README requires use of command line you can open a terminal using 'Ctrl+Alt+t' or right click 'Open Terminal here'.

There are many beginner guides for using the command line.  The Linux Lite one is in the Help Manual under 'Install' then 'Terminal Basics'

vint:
Steve,
I'm stuck at the beginning because I don't know command line yet and according to what I've read elsewhere I need to install the file using the command line.  This is the file I downloaded from the Canon site, let me know if this is what you need.

/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen-20.tar.gz

Thanks

stevef:
Vint,

Can you report what driver you have downloaded and where exactly you are stuck when installing it ?

If it is a archive (tar) file, there may be a readme file with installation instructions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version