You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

Author (Read 26097 times)

Re: Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 05:23:54 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
vint,

I don't see any way that what you've done under the Windows install can affect what happens under the Linux install - unless you are referring to something like online product registration with Canon.  Without the same printer we are relying on accurate information from you about what is happening.

If you are having problems with a specific command please let us know specific information - e.g. What instructions you are following, what command within those instruction is failing to execute and how does the system respond when you try execute the command.  If it is failing in the GUI, give us some indication of what you are doing to determine it is failed.

It sounds as though you've got multiple sources of information and had multiple attempts, so perhaps starting over with a totally clean slate is the way forward.
clueless

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

@vint
Sometimes newer/newest of peripherals like printers - may take sometime to make it into the kernel as a supported device.
Not a Linux downside - I'd call it a manufacture but I digress...
If you've followed the install link provided to download and install the driver - you shouldn't need to do again..
You can remove the printers and re-add following the tutorial... The screens may look slightly different but they are essentially the same.

Just in case you missed it - cause I did at first there are 2 links in "Contents" (maybe for others in the future)

Install Driver:
https://tutorialforlinux.com/2022/02/15/how-to-install-canon-imageclass-d530-d550-d570-printer-on-ubuntu-20-04/2/

Adding Printer:
https://tutorialforlinux.com/2022/02/15/how-to-install-canon-imageclass-d530-d550-d570-printer-on-ubuntu-20-04/3/
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 05:51:19 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz

• VIDEO CARD: mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset

I really like the way LL works on my computer, it works as advertised on an older system.  I spent quite some time researching different distros, what works and doesn't work on older hardware and LL fits real nice.  The problem I have is if I am unable to get a simple thing like a printer to work, something I need and use everyday that is a big problem.  I have a dual boot setup that might be the problem but following the directions & command line from Canon didn't work all the way as I was unable to execute using their commands.  I used the directions from the link stevef gave me & time after time I was unable to execute the command using the commands it gave.  After looking in help from the command page it was stated that I needed to use a package manager to install the file, this is something I didn't know & so I installed the driver file to synaptic package manager and the install worked.  Something I didn't know at the time is that if the printer is already registered through plug and play (Windows 7) there will be a problem, the printer won't work unless another command is inserted I assume during the process.  The command line Canon gives for this is long and hard to discern, also I already deleted the printer's from the printer set up without uninstalling the driver and that might also be a problem, there were 2 printers of the same name on the setup?  why is that?  I also found out after installing the driver that I was supposed to click no if the printer is USB and not network on registration.

I am not sure where to go from here or what to do next, should I uninstall everything and start over? 

Help.
Vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 04:49:18 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@stevef
Well it took several tries using the link you shared and also the install instructions from Canon and I finally was able to install the driver.  Unfortunately even though the printer is recognized it is a state of pause and when I go to the printer install page it has two printers of the same name?  I was unable to register the printer and I don't know why those instructions wouldn't let me.  The printer is plugged in with a USB to my computer and following the instructions I unplugged the printer and USB and then plugged it back in but the same info still comes up.  I deleted the two printers on the printer set up and now I'm stuck.  Not sure where to go from here.

regards,
Vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 01:01:03 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

Howdy stevef,

I feel a bit silly not looking there first, I guess it's because I don't want to break anything but I extracted the readme file and skimmed through the files and the Canon install guide and it looks straight forward enough.  It will be a slow process for me so when I have read it all thoroughly I will install it.  I appreciate your help and if I have anymore questions I'll let you know.  Have a great day.

Regards,
Vint 8)
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 10:50:26 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

clueless

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 10:02:45 AM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

Howdy stevef,

I will give it a try today and let you know where it leads.  I've been using the command line doing the copy and paste thing and actually performed a virus scan all on my own. 
I appreciate the help.

regards,
vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 02:04:14 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

To see if your downloaded archive file contains specific instructions - take a look inside it using the GUI.

Open your Downloads folder and double click on linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen-20.tar.gz

This should show you the files contained in the archive.  Look for a file named README or similar.
If there is one, right click and extract it to a preferred location, then close the archive and view the extracted file with the appropriate application for the README.  If the README requires use of command line you can open a terminal using 'Ctrl+Alt+t' or right click 'Open Terminal here'.

There are many beginner guides for using the command line.  The Linux Lite one is in the Help Manual under 'Install' then 'Terminal Basics'

clueless

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 09:01:40 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

Steve,
I'm stuck at the beginning because I don't know command line yet and according to what I've read elsewhere I need to install the file using the command line.  This is the file I downloaded from the Canon site, let me know if this is what you need.

/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen-20.tar.gz

Thanks

Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 06:49:36 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Vint,

Can you report what driver you have downloaded and where exactly you are stuck when installing it ?

If it is a archive (tar) file, there may be a readme file with installation instructions.

clueless

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 12:42:58 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

Howdy folks,
I have a Canon Imageclass D570 printer/scanner I purchased late last year and it works exceptionally well with Windows 7 home premium.  Linux Lite recognizes the printer and scanner but there isn't a driver available with Linux Lite 5.8, so I downloaded a driver from the Canon website but I am not sure how to install it since I'm so new to the LL OS.  I've read what I could find on the manual and other websites but since I'm not familiar with command line yet I need some beginner instructions please. 

Regards,
Vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section