Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

<< < (6/9) > >>

firenice03:

--- Quote from: vint on March 11, 2022, 07:22:22 PM ---@firenice03,
I don't understand anything about Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631.  You are assuming I know what to do? So I now have to read everything about how to login to cups.  This is going to take a while.

--- End quote ---

I had a post that got jacked up - I'll retype...
But IF the URL does not work or go to a CUPS/Printing page, thats ok that is what I need to know - I don't expect you to research or figure CUPS out.

I'll redo my post -- just a minute

vint:
@firenice03,
I don't understand anything about Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631.  You are assuming I know what to do? So I now have to read everything about how to login to cups.  This is going to take a while.

vint:
@firenice03,
/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen/Documents/UsersGuide-ufr2-US.html will get you to the install guide on Canon.  I ran the install and the printer driver is installed, I removed the printers from the printer UI, the register the printer is still there in the Canon set up utility 2 UI in the menu.  The printer still works on the Windows 7 side without any problems and that is a good thing.  I would like to know how difficult it is to uninstall LL from a dual boot set up and then reinstall?  I will do my best that is all I can do, you must understand that I know almost nothing of how to get around in Linux; and everyone has a different opinion and answer.

Regards,

Vint

firenice03:
@vint..
Can you link the Canon info? It may shed some light...

So you've ran the install.sh script - I dont know if register has much to do.
BUT you've removed the 2 printers that were installed...

Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631

Access the URL above from that system using a web browser..

Then attempt to re-add...   

As you mention -- typing a description can be hard..
Should you receive error messages, copy and paste can help ensure the message is conveyed as are screenshots.
If you use print screen you will be prompt to add to imgur click this and capture the BBC code from imgur to paste the link in the thread.. This should be in the welcome email and in the forums if additional instruction is needed.. 

vint:
@firenice03 @stevef ,
First I read install and add printer instructions in the link, I then read the install instructions from Canon.  The Canon install commands were different than the one's in the link but that wasn't the primary problem, what is left out of the instructions is that the driver file must be moved over to a package manager for any installation to work with the command line;  after 2 hours of trying to find out what I did wrong & learning how to move the driver file over to the package manager I honestly can't recall which install command worked.  I do know that in the cautions in the Canon install instructions it states that if the printer is USB connected press no to register the printer, since I didn't read that part I pressed yes.  When I opened the add printer UI there were 2 printers?  I was asked to register the printer but the D570 wasn't listed so I went to the list, checked it and went back and refreshed but all was grayed out except 2 sets of numbers and it wouldn't let me input my printer name.
Under system and printer the register UI is still there, I attempted several test prints and the troubleshooter stated that the printer is paused, I deleted the 2 printers from the printer UI and unplugged & plugged in the printer but nothing comes up at all. 
In the Canon cautions it states that if a printer was registered with plug and play a code they give must be input to solve the multi path issue. 
This is all I know, and I am unable to push a pencil through the screen to help you see what is going on I understand that.  I have to have my printer and scanner working with any OS I use, though I have had problems in the past even with plug and play on Windows I was able to resolve it.  I am not sure why installing a printer has to be such a problem but with Linux it just is, of course unless you have an HP printer.  Leaving important things like a package manager out of instructions isn't funny for a beginner to Linux, it would be like me leaving out a barge rafter on a house.  I am thinking of maybe starting all over by removing LL from my computer & doing a reinstall, or going through the complicated long process of removing the printer driver.  Just an FYI in the printer section of the LL help cloud printing is still mentioned and of course Google did away with that a while ago.
I'm open to any suggestions you may have that will make my printer work or give any info I have.

I appreciate the help,

vint

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version