Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

<< < (5/9) > >>

firenice03:
@vint - sorry I meant ...
 making note of any prompts and or messages..

When you're in "Printers"
- do you see your printer?

if so, Right Click the printer - click Properties
- in Settings, do you see "Print Test Page" near bottom?
- if so, Click it..

Watch for any messages on screen - sometimes in the upper right corner..
Let us know the error if any...

Did anything print?

if not, Click "Cancel" on the properties screen if still open... or Slide window out of way

If Printers window is still open - Click Printer (next to server have icon highlighted) then "View Print Queue"
Are there any 'jobs' in this queue window?

-if so Cancel and Delete any jobs once cleared out - try a test page once again..
Did this print or just stays in the queue?

if sits in queue; Does the job error or say spooling?

Below is a screen shot of the screens you should see..
Left side top to bottom
Print Queue
Printers
Settings /test page

Right side is what cups looks like... the 2 that would be of use...
http://localhost:631/printers/
http://localhost:631/jobs/

vint:
I just found out today that the document scanner recognizes the scanner on my Canon D570 printer, I tested it and it scanned a document.  Why won't it print?

vint:
@firenice03,
1) I thought sending the file that contained the link would be enough, sorry
2) There was a setup utility, not from Canon
3) It is stated in the cautions that registered with Windows can cause problems on another system (linux)
4) I will look for the specific uninstall language later, thank you.
5) I appreciate the help, you can't see what I see and that makes everything harder.
6) You ask if I've attempted to re install the driver?  no
7) I made several mistakes while trying to install the printer driver, I did however pay attention to spacing and punctuation line for line.  The problem was that I didn't know I had to use a package manager to install the driver.  After several failed attempts I used the help on the command line to find out what I was doing wrong.
8) I tried several times to install the printer on CUPS but it only sees it as a network printer without a driver and test jobs say printing not responding.
9) I'm not over thinking it, trying to figure out where the problem lies and also understanding the Linux language coming from Windows.  Setting up a printer shouldn't have this many steps involved or be this difficult.
10) Having a dual set up to discover and learn Linux & Linux Lite lets me rely on W7 to do my daily work that is needed and so I haven't much on the LL OS and don't have any time shifts made up yet.  I could start over and be back where I'm at now fairly quickly.  Well, that depends on how difficult it is to erase and reinstall.

I'm not sure what you mean notes and messages, you will have to elaborate on that.  I've read your other comments below and I will most likely wait until tomorrow to dive into this again.  I do wonder why when I unplug the printer and turn it back on that nothing happens, also why is it recognized as a network printer. 

regards,
vint

firenice03:
@vint

I'm running it thru in a VM - obviously I dont have the printer BUT

After extracting the archive - and buried in Canon support is.. Installing Using Installer..
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0586-zz-DR-enUS/contents/dlu-inst-installer.html

Open terminal where the install is (in file manager locate it - right click open terminal)
You want to follow the Debian or Ubuntu specific instructions (not Cent/RedHat or other)

Use the
--- Code: --- sudo ./install
--- End code ---
skip this command and follow along -- it will reinstall... This follows the same "tutorial" page **Disconnect Printer (USB)

--- Code: ---$ su
# ./install.sh
--- End code ---

yes "y" to the 1st prompt
no to the second should suffice - see below - if you yes not a big  deal

Registering a Printer or.. (yes skip the modules individually)
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0586-zz-DR-enUS/contents/dlu-inst-reg_utility.html

Follow this - read it 1st get an idea what you'll be asked.
If the printer is already listed - see the

--- Code: ---If the above icon is displayed multiple times in the app list, check the explanation of each one by right-clicking the icon and select the Canon Printer Setup Utility corresponding to this driver.
--- End code ---

You're using USB - skip any network set up

If it was already installed == Maybe ?

--- Code: ---If printing cannot be performed correctly with the registered printer, use the Canon Printer Setup Utility to delete the printer by clicking [Delete] and then register the printer again by clicking [Add].
--- End code ---

firenice03:
@vint

--- Quote from: vint on March 11, 2022, 07:09:04 PM ---@firenice03,
/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen/Documents/UsersGuide-ufr2-US.html will get you to the install guide on Canon. 
--- End quote ---
We cannot view this file - it resides in your Downloads folder on your system.

--- Quote ---I ran the install and the printer driver is installed,
I removed the printers from the printer UI, the register the printer is still there in the Canon set up utility 2 UI in the menu.

--- End quote ---
So did this install process also add a "Setup Utility" or when you rerun it shows it already listed?

--- Quote ---The printer still works on the Windows 7 side without any problems and that is a good thing. 
--- End quote ---
As it should - We're in a different OS, we shouldnt affect Windows and Windows shouldnt affect Linux (for the most part)

--- Quote ---I would like to know how difficult it is to uninstall LL from a dual boot set up and then reinstall? 

--- End quote ---
You can just rerun the LL installed - you should see an option to reinstall LL or reuse those partitions etc. OR
you can choose "Something Else" and format "/" and reinstall (depending what options presented)

--- Quote ---I will do my best that is all I can do, you must understand that I know almost nothing of how to get around in Linux;
and everyone has a different opinion and answer.

--- End quote ---
I understand = and just as you have 2 people helping we're not taking you down different paths.
We're trying to walk aloing side you and where you've been.

I'm asking for the basic most obvious, a step could have been skipped or left out of the process, or a typo.. Sometimes its the simple things.
And it can be the little things as simple as -f versus -F as example can mean 2 seperate things.

If you don't know something I dont want you researching how it works, just the obvious.. It didnt work or I got "yada yada"
Don't over think it...

So at this point for kicks and grins.. have you attempted reinstalling via the link?
Its not going to hurt to reinstall - it should at best overwrite any files.

I'd like to try - making note of any prompts and or messages..

If we're in the same boat still and depending what else has all been tried it may not hurt to reinstall..
Unless... Have you by chance made a TimeShift backup? prior to any of the printing stuff?
We can revert..

We'll get you there... **SEE NEXT**

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version