Hardware - Support > Printing and Scanning

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

<< < (4/9) > >>

firenice03:
@vint
As long as the printer is not connected to the PC during driver install...

vint:
Morning @firenice03,
I will research the uninstall code sometime today, my printer USB is plugged into a USB hub;  should I unplug the printer or just unplug the USB from the hub?  Just wondering.  Have a great Sunday.

firenice03:

--- Quote from: vint on March 12, 2022, 06:50:43 PM ---@firenice03,
FYI, I haven't tried to reinstall the driver, also the printer set up still says that it is a network printer.  So should I uninstall the printer driver and then install again?  Also do I have to use the command line to delete the printer from the system?  I know that in W7 even though the peripheral is deleted I still have to go into reg edit to find left over files associated with the device and delete them.  I'm at a stand still with this because I'm not sure where to go from here.

--- End quote ---

@vint

In those links I posted from Canon - I believe I saw uninstall - it cant hurt.. Specially if showing as network.. I'd remove that printer and try readding... Dont have the printer connected until ready to add it....

vint:
@firenice03,
FYI, I haven't tried to reinstall the driver, also the printer set up still says that it is a network printer.  So should I uninstall the printer driver and then install again?  Also do I have to use the command line to delete the printer from the system?  I know that in W7 even though the peripheral is deleted I still have to go into reg edit to find left over files associated with the device and delete them.  I'm at a stand still with this because I'm not sure where to go from here.

vint:
@firenice03, Yes I see the printer and I have done everything you have stated.  Test print says the printer is paused or not responding, nothing printed but all jobs were left in the queue. I cleared the queue and started over and I get the same message.  In CUPS it did the same thing, test print job was in the queue and stated paused.  Your screen shots are similar to what I see on mine.  I haven't messed with it to much today just the scanner that works, that is a good thing and I was shocked that it worked.  vint

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version