You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver

Author (Read 26098 times)

Re: Canon Imageclass D570 laser printer/scanner driver
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 12:23:04 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
@vint
As long as the printer is not connected to the PC during driver install...
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 12:06:57 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz

• VIDEO CARD: mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset

Morning @firenice03,
I will research the uninstall code sometime today, my printer USB is plugged into a USB hub;  should I unplug the printer or just unplug the USB from the hub?  Just wondering.  Have a great Sunday.
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2022, 08:19:15 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
FYI, I haven't tried to reinstall the driver, also the printer set up still says that it is a network printer.  So should I uninstall the printer driver and then install again?  Also do I have to use the command line to delete the printer from the system?  I know that in W7 even though the peripheral is deleted I still have to go into reg edit to find left over files associated with the device and delete them.  I'm at a stand still with this because I'm not sure where to go from here.

@vint

In those links I posted from Canon - I believe I saw uninstall - it cant hurt.. Specially if showing as network.. I'd remove that printer and try readding... Dont have the printer connected until ready to add it....
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2022, 06:50:43 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
FYI, I haven't tried to reinstall the driver, also the printer set up still says that it is a network printer.  So should I uninstall the printer driver and then install again?  Also do I have to use the command line to delete the printer from the system?  I know that in W7 even though the peripheral is deleted I still have to go into reg edit to find left over files associated with the device and delete them.  I'm at a stand still with this because I'm not sure where to go from here.
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2022, 06:20:32 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03, Yes I see the printer and I have done everything you have stated.  Test print says the printer is paused or not responding, nothing printed but all jobs were left in the queue. I cleared the queue and started over and I get the same message.  In CUPS it did the same thing, test print job was in the queue and stated paused.  Your screen shots are similar to what I see on mine.  I haven't messed with it to much today just the scanner that works, that is a good thing and I was shocked that it worked.  vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2022, 06:01:35 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@vint - sorry I meant ...
 making note of any prompts and or messages..

When you're in "Printers"
- do you see your printer?

if so, Right Click the printer - click Properties
- in Settings, do you see "Print Test Page" near bottom?
- if so, Click it..

Watch for any messages on screen - sometimes in the upper right corner..
Let us know the error if any...

Did anything print?

if not, Click "Cancel" on the properties screen if still open... or Slide window out of way

If Printers window is still open - Click Printer (next to server have icon highlighted) then "View Print Queue"
Are there any 'jobs' in this queue window?

-if so Cancel and Delete any jobs once cleared out - try a test page once again..
Did this print or just stays in the queue?

if sits in queue; Does the job error or say spooling?

Below is a screen shot of the screens you should see..
Left side top to bottom
Print Queue
Printers
Settings /test page

Right side is what cups looks like... the 2 that would be of use...
http://localhost:631/printers/
http://localhost:631/jobs/

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:09:25 PM by firenice03 »

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 05:44:39 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

I just found out today that the document scanner recognizes the scanner on my Canon D570 printer, I tested it and it scanned a document.  Why won't it print?
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 09:24:21 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
1) I thought sending the file that contained the link would be enough, sorry
2) There was a setup utility, not from Canon
3) It is stated in the cautions that registered with Windows can cause problems on another system (linux)
4) I will look for the specific uninstall language later, thank you.
5) I appreciate the help, you can't see what I see and that makes everything harder.
6) You ask if I've attempted to re install the driver?  no
7) I made several mistakes while trying to install the printer driver, I did however pay attention to spacing and punctuation line for line.  The problem was that I didn't know I had to use a package manager to install the driver.  After several failed attempts I used the help on the command line to find out what I was doing wrong.
8) I tried several times to install the printer on CUPS but it only sees it as a network printer without a driver and test jobs say printing not responding.
9) I'm not over thinking it, trying to figure out where the problem lies and also understanding the Linux language coming from Windows.  Setting up a printer shouldn't have this many steps involved or be this difficult.
10) Having a dual set up to discover and learn Linux & Linux Lite lets me rely on W7 to do my daily work that is needed and so I haven't much on the LL OS and don't have any time shifts made up yet.  I could start over and be back where I'm at now fairly quickly.  Well, that depends on how difficult it is to erase and reinstall.

I'm not sure what you mean notes and messages, you will have to elaborate on that.  I've read your other comments below and I will most likely wait until tomorrow to dive into this again.  I do wonder why when I unplug the printer and turn it back on that nothing happens, also why is it recognized as a network printer. 

regards,
vint

Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 08:33:05 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@vint

I'm running it thru in a VM - obviously I dont have the printer BUT

After extracting the archive - and buried in Canon support is.. Installing Using Installer..
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0586-zz-DR-enUS/contents/dlu-inst-installer.html

Open terminal where the install is (in file manager locate it - right click open terminal)
You want to follow the Debian or Ubuntu specific instructions (not Cent/RedHat or other)

Use the
Code: [Select]
sudo ./installskip this command and follow along -- it will reinstall... This follows the same "tutorial" page **Disconnect Printer (USB)

$ su
# ./install.sh

yes "y" to the 1st prompt
no to the second should suffice - see below - if you yes not a big  deal

Registering a Printer or.. (yes skip the modules individually)
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0586-zz-DR-enUS/contents/dlu-inst-reg_utility.html

Follow this - read it 1st get an idea what you'll be asked.
If the printer is already listed - see the
If the above icon is displayed multiple times in the app list, check the explanation of each one by right-clicking the icon and select the Canon Printer Setup Utility corresponding to this driver.
You're using USB - skip any network set up

If it was already installed == Maybe ?
If printing cannot be performed correctly with the registered printer, use the Canon Printer Setup Utility to delete the printer by clicking [Delete] and then register the printer again by clicking [Add].
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:35:52 PM by firenice03 »

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 07:55:03 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@vint
@firenice03,
/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen/Documents/UsersGuide-ufr2-US.html will get you to the install guide on Canon. 
We cannot view this file - it resides in your Downloads folder on your system.

I ran the install and the printer driver is installed,
I removed the printers from the printer UI, the register the printer is still there in the Canon set up utility 2 UI in the menu.
So did this install process also add a "Setup Utility" or when you rerun it shows it already listed?

The printer still works on the Windows 7 side without any problems and that is a good thing. 
As it should - We're in a different OS, we shouldnt affect Windows and Windows shouldnt affect Linux (for the most part)

I would like to know how difficult it is to uninstall LL from a dual boot set up and then reinstall? 
You can just rerun the LL installed - you should see an option to reinstall LL or reuse those partitions etc. OR
you can choose "Something Else" and format "/" and reinstall (depending what options presented)

I will do my best that is all I can do, you must understand that I know almost nothing of how to get around in Linux;
and everyone has a different opinion and answer.
I understand = and just as you have 2 people helping we're not taking you down different paths.
We're trying to walk aloing side you and where you've been.

I'm asking for the basic most obvious, a step could have been skipped or left out of the process, or a typo.. Sometimes its the simple things.
And it can be the little things as simple as -f versus -F as example can mean 2 seperate things.

If you don't know something I dont want you researching how it works, just the obvious.. It didnt work or I got "yada yada"
Don't over think it...

So at this point for kicks and grins.. have you attempted reinstalling via the link?
Its not going to hurt to reinstall - it should at best overwrite any files.

I'd like to try - making note of any prompts and or messages..

If we're in the same boat still and depending what else has all been tried it may not hurt to reinstall..
Unless... Have you by chance made a TimeShift backup? prior to any of the printing stuff?
We can revert..

We'll get you there... **SEE NEXT**
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 05:50:44 PM by firenice03 »

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 07:35:43 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
I don't understand anything about Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631.  You are assuming I know what to do? So I now have to read everything about how to login to cups.  This is going to take a while.

I had a post that got jacked up - I'll retype...
But IF the URL does not work or go to a CUPS/Printing page, thats ok that is what I need to know - I don't expect you to research or figure CUPS out.

I'll redo my post -- just a minute

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
I don't understand anything about Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631.  You are assuming I know what to do? So I now have to read everything about how to login to cups.  This is going to take a while.
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 07:09:04 PM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03,
/home/vint/Downloads/linux-UFRII-drv-v540-usen/Documents/UsersGuide-ufr2-US.html will get you to the install guide on Canon.  I ran the install and the printer driver is installed, I removed the printers from the printer UI, the register the printer is still there in the Canon set up utility 2 UI in the menu.  The printer still works on the Windows 7 side without any problems and that is a good thing.  I would like to know how difficult it is to uninstall LL from a dual boot set up and then reinstall?  I will do my best that is all I can do, you must understand that I know almost nothing of how to get around in Linux; and everyone has a different opinion and answer.

Regards,

Vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 01:35:08 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

@vint..
Can you link the Canon info? It may shed some light...

So you've ran the install.sh script - I dont know if register has much to do.
BUT you've removed the 2 printers that were installed...

Try logging into CUPS and see if the printer still exists - if so remove it.
http://localhost:631

Access the URL above from that system using a web browser..

Then attempt to re-add...   

As you mention -- typing a description can be hard..
Should you receive error messages, copy and paste can help ensure the message is conveyed as are screenshots.
If you use print screen you will be prompt to add to imgur click this and capture the BBC code from imgur to paste the link in the thread.. This should be in the welcome email and in the forums if additional instruction is needed.. 

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 10:44:28 AM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

@firenice03 @stevef ,
First I read install and add printer instructions in the link, I then read the install instructions from Canon.  The Canon install commands were different than the one's in the link but that wasn't the primary problem, what is left out of the instructions is that the driver file must be moved over to a package manager for any installation to work with the command line;  after 2 hours of trying to find out what I did wrong & learning how to move the driver file over to the package manager I honestly can't recall which install command worked.  I do know that in the cautions in the Canon install instructions it states that if the printer is USB connected press no to register the printer, since I didn't read that part I pressed yes.  When I opened the add printer UI there were 2 printers?  I was asked to register the printer but the D570 wasn't listed so I went to the list, checked it and went back and refreshed but all was grayed out except 2 sets of numbers and it wouldn't let me input my printer name.
Under system and printer the register UI is still there, I attempted several test prints and the troubleshooter stated that the printer is paused, I deleted the 2 printers from the printer UI and unplugged & plugged in the printer but nothing comes up at all. 
In the Canon cautions it states that if a printer was registered with plug and play a code they give must be input to solve the multi path issue. 
This is all I know, and I am unable to push a pencil through the screen to help you see what is going on I understand that.  I have to have my printer and scanner working with any OS I use, though I have had problems in the past even with plug and play on Windows I was able to resolve it.  I am not sure why installing a printer has to be such a problem but with Linux it just is, of course unless you have an HP printer.  Leaving important things like a package manager out of instructions isn't funny for a beginner to Linux, it would be like me leaving out a barge rafter on a house.  I am thinking of maybe starting all over by removing LL from my computer & doing a reinstall, or going through the complicated long process of removing the printer driver.  Just an FYI in the printer section of the LL help cloud printing is still mentioned and of course Google did away with that a while ago.
I'm open to any suggestions you may have that will make my printer work or give any info I have.

I appreciate the help,

vint
Vint,
God Bless Texas

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section