Linux Lite 8.2 RC1 Released - Click here to read



Posted by: joecare32
05-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Forum: Installing Linux Lite
- Replies (7)

Smile Sadsony vgn-fe38gp,with, Ricoh motion eye camera built in. 
on take picture part of installation, the installer crashes in both normal and safe,graphics install mode.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0ac8:c002 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. Visual Communication

How can I unbind this usb bus in the kernel before install starts,or can I do a non graphical install from the command line ,Control,,Alt ,F1in terminal .
The version I am trying to install is 1.8.0 latest.
problem in both  32bit,and.64bit os



Posted by: ReH3565
05-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Forum: Network
- Replies (7)

I just downloaded linuxlite. I had no problem with internet connectivity using an ethernet cable but my wireless network wasn't recognized. I searched for additional drivers to get my Broadcom wireless activated, downloaded the driver, and now neither wireless nor wired internet will work. How have I messed up?



Posted by: joejohnston3
05-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Forum: Installing Linux Lite
- Replies (7)

Hi All,

Do I need to install the PAE Kernel under additional software with Linux Lite 1.0.8 or does it automatically use a PAE Kernel if it detects one during install? System Info seemed to show a newer Kernel then the one used through the PAE install so I am confused and need some clarification on what to use. Thank you.



Posted by: dennus
05-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Forum: Other
- Replies (4)

Hi all!

Is there a simple way to format an USB stick?  In the newer Linux Mint there is a tool called MintStick. Any change of that one coming over to Linux Lite?

I must say, in the years past I have been trying several versions of Linux on my laptop...  Ubuntu, Mint, Arch etc.  But I find Linux Lite to be the fastest :-)



Posted by: HarryFarthing
05-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Forum: Other
- Replies (6)

There are a few guides and patches out there. Some of them are for Arch, and some are for Ubuntu. I haven't managed to get one working (I assume this has something to do with the different version of ubuntu and/or Linux kernel).

Has anyone here managed to get the touchpad working on Linux Lite? I really don't want to use standard Ubuntu, and I REALLY don't want to use Arch.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help out.



Posted by: newtusmaximus
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Forum: Installing Software
- Replies (7)

Installed ll 1.08. Want to print pdfs from browser to file. Can't find option in printer settings set up. No physical printer connected. Tks



Posted by: ooseven
04-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Forum: Network
- Replies (7)

I installed 1.08 on  a acer aspire 3000 for a friend. I have to make a network connection
and it works till I reboot. It is set to connect automatically. It does not show up in the
network icon down by volume. When open the VPN connection it is in there.

But does not start or even let me click on it to connect. Never had this problem bfore,
had install drivers before but not this.



Posted by: william_st_ia
04-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Forum: Hard Drives and SSDs
- Replies (3)

HI All,
We need the ability to be able to listen to videos with USB head sets.
Where is that set at?



Posted by: robert
04-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Forum: Installing Linux Lite
- Replies (4)

Hi. Is there a way to change the main user name?
I set my wife's netbook up but used my name and now she would like to see her name at login etc.
Thanks in advance.



Posted by: valtam
04-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Forum: Other
- Replies (7)

1) Open a terminal and type in:

Code:
sudo leafpad /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd

2) Paste the following code into the file, save then close it.
Code:
#!/bin/sh #inspired by http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9744970&postcount=19 #...and http://thecodecentral.com/2011/01/18/fix-ubuntu-10-10-suspendhibernate-not-working-bug    # tidied by tqzzaa :) VERSION=1.1 DEV_LIST=/tmp/usb-dev-list DRIVERS_DIR=/sys/bus/pci/drivers DRIVERS="ehci xhci" # ehci_hcd, xhci_hcd HEX="[[:xdigit:]]" MAX_BIND_ATTEMPTS=2 BIND_WAIT=0.1 unbindDev() {   echo -n > $DEV_LIST 2>/dev/null   for driver in $DRIVERS; do     DDIR=$DRIVERS_DIR/${driver}_hcd     for dev in `ls $DDIR 2>/dev/null | egrep "^$HEX+:$HEX+:$HEX"`; do       echo -n "$dev" > $DDIR/unbind       echo "$driver $dev" >> $DEV_LIST     done   done } bindDev() {   if [ -s $DEV_LIST ]; then     while read driver dev; do       DDIR=$DRIVERS_DIR/${driver}_hcd       while [ $((MAX_BIND_ATTEMPTS)) -gt 0 ]; do           echo -n "$dev" > $DDIR/bind           if [ ! -L "$DDIR/$dev" ]; then             sleep $BIND_WAIT           else             break           fi           MAX_BIND_ATTEMPTS=$((MAX_BIND_ATTEMPTS-1))       done      done < $DEV_LIST   fi   rm $DEV_LIST 2>/dev/null } case "$1" in   hibernate|suspend) unbindDev;;   resume|thaw)      bindDev;; esac

3) Make the file executable, in the same terminal type in:

Code:
sudo chmod 755 /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd

Source: http://thecodecentral.com/2011/01/18/fix...orking-bug

Working on 1.0.6, need confirmation this will work on 1.0.8 please.