You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

xlsx spreadsheet

Author (Read 3319 times)

Re: xlsx spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 08:40:15 AM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel I5

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel onboard
Thanks stevef, that fixed it.  So far it does not look like I lost any of the formatting of the old spreadsheet.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
If you are confident that libreoffice functions ok in safe mode, it points to a problem in the user profile which is where LO stores user related data.  This includes things like customised dictionaries, colour palettes, shortcuts, toolbar mods, imported extensions.

The choices to try to reset a profile depends mainly on how much LO has been customised since you first used it.

If you don't mind losing the customisation you've made while using LO then tick one or both the 'Reset to Factory' options and then 'Apply Changes and Restart' and test.  This will give you a fresh start.

If you have a lot of customisation that you'd like to try to keep then 'Restore from backup' and using the 'last know working options' might be worth a go.

If you have any extensions, the 'Configure' and 'Extensions' options might help - otherwise ignore them.

clueless

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 01:15:13 PM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply,  I went into safe mode and brought up document writer and it appeared to work as it should.  Have not done any more testing.  I posted the output of the terminal window if that helps diagnose the problem further.  What would be my recourse, there were a number of choices in the safe mode dialogue box.  Thanks

larrypc  ~  libreoffice --safe-mode

(soffice:22691): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:08:18.045: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:2:0: Expected a valid selector
ALSA lib conf.c:3816:(config_file_open) cannot access file /home/larrypc/.asoundrc
ALSA lib conf.c:3736:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: Permission denied
ALSA lib conf.c:4190:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
ALSA lib conf.c:3816:(config_file_open) cannot access file /home/larrypc/.asoundrc
ALSA lib conf.c:3736:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: Permission denied

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 02:28:40 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
If it is only libreoffice with a problem, you may want to look at trying libreoffice in 'safe-mode'.  If you can create and save documents in safe-mode then it implies there might be a problem with your libreoffice user profile.

In a libreoffice window click 'Help' then 'Restart in Safe Mode...' then 'Continue in Safe Mode'
OR in a terminal window type
Code: [Select]
libreoffice --safe-mode and select 'Continue in Safe Mode'

This should open libreoffice with a fresh, temporary user profile which will allow you to try the functions.
clueless

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 02:35:17 PM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Same thing happened when I tried to open the word processor to try and find out which version of LO I was using.  Same controls completely frozen.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I tried to create a new spreadsheet and it is also frozen and cannot be closed.

xlsx spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 01:35:26 PM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I tried opening an xlsx spreadsheet I created about a year ago.  I had difficulty getting it open, but finally did it by using the move command.  The cells and all controls except the minimize/maximize and the minimize to tray work.  Everything else is frozen and I cannot even close the sheet.  The sheet is done in LibreOffice Calc.  I am using LLOS 5.8 all updates applied since yesterday.  What can I do to get this functional again.  Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:24:57 AM by stevef »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section