You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

XFCE4 Terminal how to enable quit warning for multiple tabs open & tasks running

Author (Read 2565 times)

kamui

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Quad Core AMD A10-5757M APU with Radeon HD

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Richland [Radeon HD 8650G]
Thank you!

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Open the file ~/yourusername/.config/xfce4/terminal/terminalrc with mousepad and change the value for confirm close to:
Code: [Select]
MiscConfirmClose=TRUEAlso see here: https://docs.xfce.org/apps/terminal/4.14/advanced
TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

kamui

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I tried what you've said, but it did not work.

I should reformulate.
My terminal was popping up a Warning window which asked if I really want to close my terminal session when multiple tabs are open or if i want to quit when there's an on-going task.
Below is the behaviour before checking the box.

I accidentally checked the box with Don't ask me again and now my terminal doesn't pop up that Warning anymore.
How can I enable it back?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:02:09 AM by kamui »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Go to >Settings >Settings Editor >xfce4-appfinder >find the string: exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator %s and change it to below:
Code: [Select]
exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator --hold %s
I think it is disabled by default in LL so you didn't accidentally disable it.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

kamui

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hello, guys!
I accidentally checked the box for disabling the quit warning for xfce4 terminal when tasks aren't done. How can I enable it back?

EDIT:
I should reformulate.
My terminal was popping up a Warning window which asked if I really want to close my terminal session when multiple tabs are open or if i want to quit when there's an on-going task.
Below is the behaviour before checking the box.

I accidentally checked the box with Don't ask me again and now my terminal doesn't pop up that Warning anymore.
How can I enable it back?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:16:51 AM by kamui »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section