You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Update from 3.8 to a Ubuntu 18.4 bionic

Author (Read 1528 times)

Re: Update from 3.8 to a Ubuntu 18.4 bionic
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon (TM) 64 processor 3500+

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: OpenGL Renderer Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 x86/MMX/SSE2
Yes i will look at the site you have provided me ..lol  yes that is where i am big 70 good age  as long we are healthy.Again thanksarxontas

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 11:33:52 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Often it's worth checking the link below concerning hardware compatibility.
https://www.linuxliteos.com/hardware.php
I'm 70. Elderly to me is more like my Mom at 87, but she doesn't think she is either.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 11:19:05 AM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Yes trinldad  .that is what happened when you get old and you are on a fix income .Used PC is the best  for us (old people) lol..arxontas

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 11:00:58 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Yep. Gave away an Optiplex 780 a few months ago loaded with LL 4.x. Working perfectly for an elderly friend in my community.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Moltke
Many thanks for the fast reply
That sound good. Just got a HP-Optiplex 780  and looking good for 64bitI will try it then and see if all ok.Again thanks for the infoarxontas

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:47:12 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

First if i am in the wrong place to ask OR the Q is not to be here in this forum , Please remove it or delete it...
Ok boys here is a Question for the one know how the linux lite works.I talk to some one two days ago and he told me there is no problem to  update 3.8 to ubuntu 18.4 bionic
I like to know if this is easy to do it OR not going to work.Many roomers around , but because LL is based to ubuntu,theysay  it is easy to get updated to ubuntu.Thanks
arxontas.

Hi @arxontas  this is not possible since LL 3.8 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 codename Xenial so there'll be many conflict with packages. The easiest way is to install LL 4.X which is based on Ubuntu 18.04 codename Bionic. LL 4.6 has just been released https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-4-6-final-released/ in the release announcement you can read the following: There is no upgrade path from Series 2 or 3 ( 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 | 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 3.8 ) to Series 4. So Like I said, you can't go from LL 3.8 (Xenial) to LL 4.X (Bionic)

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Update from 3.8 to a Ubuntu 18.4 bionic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

First if i am in the wrong place to ask OR the Q is not to be here in this forum , Please remove it or delete it...
Ok boys here is a Question for the one know how the linux lite works.I talk to some one two days ago and he told me there is no problem to  update 3.8 to ubuntu 18.4 bionic
I like to know if this is easy to do it OR not going to work.Many roomers around , but because LL is based to ubuntu,theysay  it is easy to get updated to ubuntu.Thanks
arxontas.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section