You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Unable to login after changing display scale.

Author (Read 3330 times)

Re: Unable to login after changing display scale.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 05:20:53 PM »

Przemys?aw Wojtkun

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Sorry, I don't know much about xrandr really.  I was thinking the display settings are in a hidden xml file in the home directory.

At the terminal try this command.

Code: [Select]
xfconf-query -c displays -l -v
The X & Y scale factors should be 1.000000 -  If the values you see are 1.4 you may try carefully hand editing this file

~./config/xfce/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml

Otherwise, if you have an earlier backup of your home directory (using deja-dup maybe), boot from live media and try to revert that file.

Thanks! That allowed me to at least get to desktop, what could have caused it to behave like that?

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 03:40:12 PM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Sorry, I don't know much about xrandr really.  I was thinking the display settings are in a hidden xml file in the home directory.

At the terminal try this command.

xfconf-query -c displays -l -v
The X & Y scale factors should be 1.000000 -  If the values you see are 1.4 you may try carefully hand editing this file

~./config/xfce/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml

Otherwise, if you have an earlier backup of your home directory (using deja-dup maybe), boot from live media and try to revert that file.

clueless

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 02:41:21 PM »

Przemys?aw Wojtkun

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
At the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+F2.  This should give you a non-gui login.  If you can log in here, it should allow you to enter any cli commands you may have available to undo the change.

Entering
startxWill try to start the GUI.

I've tried restarting the GUI using startx, it just fails. At the end of Xorg.1.log there is
Segmentation fault at address 0x0
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting

I can't use xrandr command if xorg server is not running right? How can I change the scaling setting then?

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 02:34:37 PM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
At the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+F2.  This should give you a non-gui login.  If you can log in here, it should allow you to enter any cli commands you may have available to undo the change.

Entering
startxWill try to start the GUI.
clueless

Unable to login after changing display scale.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 01:58:10 PM »

Przemys?aw Wojtkun

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I've a problem, I've moved from my previous Linux Mint install to Linux Lite 6.0 and I proceeded to configure everything how I like and I was forcibly stopped after changing display scale from 1.0 to custom 1.4. After doing that I was booted out to Lockscreen and when I try to log in it just boots me out to the Lockscreen again. I cannot change the setting even using xrandr command because I can't open terminal on the lockscreen, I don't know where the monitor settings are since I'm new to Linux Lite. I would really like to have display scaled to 1.4 if i can't it's a deal-breaker for me for this distribution.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:11:26 AM by stevef »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section