You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

something is downloading?

Author (Read 2664 times)

Re: something is downloading?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »

jop

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
im not experienced enough in using linux yet, ill just have to monitor it or get more data, thanks for the reply

Re: something is downloading?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 08:44:17 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
I can almost bet with good odds that it is unattended updates (security updates) that are being downloaded. There is a way to turn them off but it is not advised for new users or people who do not know what is really going on. I will give the code but please use it if you only know what your doing and this is what you really want.

Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg-reconfigure unattended-upgrades

something is downloading?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »

jop

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I'm not sure this is the correct sub-forum but here is the issue. I have a limited internet data plan and i would like to see exactly what is downloading and how much data it will use in real time, i would also like the option to pick and choose updates. Sometimes when i start my laptop and open my browser, a download of a size of 300mb starts to download, i cant see what this is. Ideally is like to be able to monitor every mb that linux lite downloads for updates/packages etc. I have moved from windows 7 and i am finding using this environment really refreshing however. Thanks.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section