You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Rotated screen, mouse works, touch screen remains unrotated

Author (Read 4410 times)

Re: Rotated screen, mouse works, touch screen remains unrotated
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:29:36 AM »

d0ugparker

• The DOuGTrainer
  • New to Forums
  • I Provide International K9 Zoom Training
    • View Profile
    • The DOuGTrainer

• Kernel: 5.x
Answering my own question, the answer was provided here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/368317/rotate-touch-input-with-touchscreen-and-or-touchpad

It's just creating a rotation matrix that gets executed using xrandr and xinput to remap the screen. In my case, I needed the line for the touchscreen, but not the touchpad.
Providing in-home, contact-free, remote, live video dog training around the world.

Rotated screen, mouse works, touch screen remains unrotated
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 11:20:01 AM »

d0ugparker

• The DOuGTrainer
  • New to Forums
  • I Provide International K9 Zoom Training
    • View Profile
    • The DOuGTrainer

• Kernel: 5.x
(Posted on reddit, but I received no answer, so I'm posting here. I did do a search here on LL, but... no joy.)

I installed LL on an ITX motherboard system with an LG touchscreen, portrait-oriented monitor, then went to Settings > Display to rotate it. Cool. The mouse works as expected, but I wasn't ready to have the touch screen broken out as its own x,y-oriented device.

So now, when I use the mouse, everything's great. When I tap the screen, however, the touch screen still registers unrotated touches, 90° off where they're expected. Quirky-funny, too, in a nerdy sort of way--"Oh, yeah? Take that, and that, and that-that-that!"

I peeked into the virtual screen settings, and found two locations where there were *rotate* values set to zero, I changed them to 90, but got zero change, so I set them back. I thought about needing to reboot, but figured it wouldn't be necessary.

Any suggestions where to go poking around to marry up the touch screen with its touches so the mouse and touch coincide?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:29:55 AM by d0ugparker »
Providing in-home, contact-free, remote, live video dog training around the world.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section