You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Restoring Google Chrome at startup

Author (Read 2770 times)

Re: Restoring Google Chrome at startup
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 03:31:41 PM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

• Kernel: 5.x
[...] would it be possible to turn off the computer completely (not hibernate it) and still get back to the original desktop configuration?
[...]

https://askubuntu.com/questions/219141/what-is-hybrid-suspend

Good luck! :)
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 01:53:44 PM »

Natrixx

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello Şerban!

Thank you very much for your friendly quick answer. That actually seems like the correct way to continue - one of those many Linux-solutions I will discover while getting acquainted with the OS.

Just out of curiosity - would it be possible to turn off the computer completely (not hibernate it) and still get back to the original desktop configuration?

Cheers,

Mike

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 01:26:46 PM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

• Kernel: 5.x
Hiya!
[...]
1) Only the windows of one of the profiles are restored. A window opens under the other profile but it's only the base window. I have to go to History => Recently closed, select the latest window(s) and click Restore window. Not an impossible task but it would be sweet to have it done automatically.

2) All the windows are restored on the starting workspace, not on the ones they originally were on.

Hello, Mike! :)

Have you tried the "Hibernate" option?

Maybe this article will help you make a reasonable choice:

https://www.fosslinux.com/184/what-is-difference-between-suspend-and-hibernate-in-linux.htm

You can also test "Hybrid sleep".
Read here about it:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/219141/what-is-hybrid-suspend

Best regards! :)
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

Restoring Google Chrome at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 10:52:57 AM »

Natrixx

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hiya!

I just recently switched to Linux and was wondering about a very specific startup setup configuration I'd like to achieve. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in.

Here's the situation. I usually run quite a few Chrome windows, scattered around 4-6 different workspaces. In each window there are quite a few tabs, grouped, of course! All the Chrome windows are named in order to quickly identify them. The windows are also attached to different profiles, at the moment 2.

I'd like to be able to restart my computer so that all the Chrome windows are restored and moved to the workspace they were on when I shut down the computer. Unfortunately I'm not fully there yet. Chrome starts up when i log in again, but the following is lacking:

1) Only the windows of one of the profiles are restored. A window opens under the other profile but it's only the base window. I have to go to History => Recently closed, select the latest window(s) and click Restore window. Not an impossible task but it would be sweet to have it done automatically.

2) All the windows are restored on the starting workspace, not on the ones they originally were on.

So, I'm probably looking for some settings I haven't found yet. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section