You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Really ODD message box, on copying odt. file.

Author (Read 3028 times)

Re: Really ODD message box, on copying odt. file.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »

pingball57

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thanks both. I was just a little worried, just a little. No-one else uses my m/c's & all have had LL installed by me recently. I'm impressed by the help I've had from this forum's members, it's very reassuring. Thanks everyone.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
When using LibreOffice this error is often caused by memory lag, or a memory shortage that leads to swap rather than RAM. It also depends on the size of the file. When closing LibreOffice after saving a file it helps this situation to close the file first, then exit LibreOffice.  You can also try adjusting the persistence time frame for LO. It's hghly unlikely you have an illict key logger on your system these days unless of course you are allowing other users to use your system physically (in the room). Open LibreOffice>Tools>Options>Memory  and make adjustments there. See the screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/a/EY8lb

The reason it works okay after reboot is because the RAM is cleared out. Use the dropdown >File menu to close the file after saving, and also to exit LibreOffice after closing the file. Xing out the whole LO software array after saving a file slows the RAM clearing even more. It also helps to X out the file preview when done before exiting LO.

TC

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:51:26 PM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello pingball57,

if you close the main menu, then try copying to USB - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1421631

I think (unsure), focus means priority, if 10 windows are open on top of each other, the one you see at the front has focus.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:26:39 PM by bitsnpcs »

Really ODD message box, on copying odt. file.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:10 AM »

pingball57

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I had just saved some changes to an odt. file this morning, closed liber office and on right clicking said file, to copy to USB, the screen darkened slightly, recovered & this weird message box appeared :

Could not grab your mouse.

A malicious client may be eavesdropping on your session or you may have just clicked a menu or some application just decided to get focus.

Try again.

Please, what is 'mouse grabbing'? and "A malicious client" ? and how could they "be eavesdropping on your session" ?  I thought one of the virtues of Linux was not needing antivirus etc, so how could any 'malicious client' be eavesdropping? Also what does "some application just decided to get focus."?   (i did 'try again' without hitch & did try a search here about this without result.) thanks.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:58:03 PM by pingball57 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section