You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Midori issue

Author (Read 8968 times)

Re: Midori issue
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Funny thing you made this post, rbdflyboy.  I was just about to do the same thing.

Have been testing LL 2.2 Beta on an old system and installed Midori because Firefox was hogging the limited memory on the machine.  Midori works fine for any of the other sites that I've visited with it, but pops up this error on the LL forums:

Midori works on the LL homepage, but not on the forums page.  Firefox on same system does not have that problem.  I'm posting from that machine using Firefox right now.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to solve this yet.  If anyone else has a clue, please let us know.

P.s. 
It doesn't seem to have same problem on other https sites.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:42:25 PM by gold_finger »
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

Midori issue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »

rbdflyboy

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Been testing this browser for some time now. Approximately 7-10 days ago the shortcut to www.linuxliteos.com broke. So removed it and tried to install a new one and since then Midori can't load the Lite forum page. That's like telling me no coffee in the morning...not gonna fly too well. Have changed all the settings around in Preferences 3-4 times...still no joy. Was planning on switching over completely from Chromium, that's not happening now.
Can anyone, please, point me in the right direction in finding a solution?
In the FAQ's found this: [color=rgb(64, 64, 64) !important][size=14pt !important][font=serif !important]HTTPS URLS won't load
That's a problem with WebKit. You can work around it to some extent if you start Midori like so:
export WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS="1" midori...any idea where to install this? Thanks in advance.[/font][/size][/color]

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section