You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Lost Network Icon On Taskbar

Author (Read 6585 times)

Re: Lost Network Icon On Taskbar
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »

Larry Stehno

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I did use the taskbar restore and the network icon was restored.  I appreciate your help and the insight into what caused the problem.
Planorez

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 12:06:41 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
This is a little kernel setup bug that does happen sometimes with Ubuntu XFCE. Instead of rebooting >logout then select >shutdown and allow the computer to shut all the way down. Start it up again and the network icon will be there.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 07:15:22 PM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
To restore task bar and tray to default.

Menu
Settings
Lite Tweaks

select Taskbar Restore
click begin
clueless

Lost Network Icon On Taskbar
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 03:48:44 PM »

Larry Stehno

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I installed LL6.2 on a Dell Inspiron 15-3565 notebook.  On first boot, the Network icon was on the taskbar and I was able to select a wifi network and log into it.  After running updates and doing some internet browsing, I noticed the network icon disappeared.  I cannot find a way to access the available wifi list to change networks if necessary.  I tried rebooting several times but the icon is still gone.  Any ideas on how to get it back?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 04:19:20 PM by stevef »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section