Software - Support > Other

Login black screen?

(1/1)

N4RPS:

--- Quote from: Jarvis on August 03, 2014, 05:49:55 PM ---
I am running a stock acer c720 chromebook (minus the chrome part) I just need to find the update install script to see if updating will fix the issue.
--- End quote ---

Hello!

Congratulations on turning a Chromebook into a REAL computer! Now if I could only convince my sister to 'upgrade' HERS...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

linuxlite99:
Solution for me was to add sleep 2 to the /etc/init/lightdm.conf file as described here http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/ubuntu-lightdm-black-screen-when-using.html

riser:
To update from the command line

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
--- End code ---

riser

Jarvis:
So I had been using 2.0 for about three weeks or so and today I open my laptop and boot up. Everything was normal until I logged in... When I logged in I still had my cursor but nothing else loaded, it was just black. I have not made any big changes to my laptop since I started aside from fixing it so I could use my volume up and down buttons. I currently have it in command line and I am wanting to update all of its packages and have it install them but I don't know how and I am unsure if that is referred to in another thread.

I am running a stock acer c720 chromebook (minus the chrome part) I just need to find the update install script to see if updating will fix the issue.

Any help would be great.  ~Jarvis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version