You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Plank Docklets Opening Wrong apps in LL 3.6

Author (Read 4826 times)

Plank Docklets Opening Wrong apps in LL 3.6
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »

Mart

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
After hearing that Xubuntu xfce might run a bit quicker than my ever trusty LL, I dual-booted Xubuntu to find out. Can confirm that a few apps run a bit quicker at start-up – file manager, firefox, libreoffice, etc  - but once I fully loaded my Xubuntu-core install with my favorite apps, the performance differences between the two Ubuntu-based distros are marginal to say the least and nothing to write home about – although, that said, boot-up and shutdown were certainly quicker in Xubuntu.

But that’s not why I’m posting today. You see, to make the comparison between the two distros as accurate as I could, I also themed them exactly the same adding Plank Dock on both. Plank installed and ran perfectly on Xubuntu but surprisingly is quite buggy on my LL 3.6.

Oddly, in my usually trusty LL, the Plank trash docklet inexplicably opens a sign-in window for ‘usr/scripts/updates-gui’  (not sure if it’s asking for root permission), and equally oddly the Plank terminal docklet opens Htop, although of course Htop uses the terminal to display, so that malfunction is a bit less inexplicable, but still unexplainable to me.

So my question to all you good people in LL Land is - How can I fix these issues? I’ve already completely uninstalled and re-installed Plank twice, but no change regarding the malfunctioning docklets. Is there a configuration file I can access to resolve these issues, or a way to correct the problem through a terminal command or two. Failing this, I’ve downloaded the Plank_0.11.1.orig.tar.xz file from Plank’s Launchpad site  (I’ve only installed Plank through the terminal so far) in the hope that doing a clean install of Plank using the tar.xz package might make Plank work correctly, but I‘m not sure how to install the .tar file – instructions, please - anyone?

P.S. - Installed Lite-Tweaks in Xubuntu 16.04.3 - It runs great!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:18:15 PM by Mart »
Still running 3.8 and lovin' it  (running 5.0 as a triple boot)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section