You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hidden files and folders problem

Author (Read 4266 times)

Re: Hidden files and folders problem
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »

ronjnk

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i3-3220T

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen
Torreydale... thank you so much. That solved that problem. It is no longer a problem system wide. I don't know if it remains solved after I turn the computer off and back on again, but easy enough to hit Ctrl-H.

I had trouble signing in this morning and the login did ask for some system input which I did but evidently it didn't update. I will update now. Thanks again. I hope your day goes well!

Re: Hidden files and folders problem
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:09:48 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
I don't see that behavior.  If you do, hit Ctrl-H to toggle it from show all to hidden.

Also to help others to help you, fill out more of your forum profile.  The rest of us can't tell if you're on Linux Lite 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x, whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit, how much memory you have, what type of processor or graphics card you're running, etc.  If you don't know that information, open a terminal and type in the following:

Code: [Select]
inxi -F
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

Hidden files and folders problem
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »

ronjnk

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i3-3220T

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen
Hi Support,
This may or may not be a problem. When I go to my "home" folder, everything I see is proper. Hidden files and folders are hidden as they should be.

But if utilize my home folder from other programs, it displays all files and folders hidden and all.

For example: I open an image in GIMP and want to save to home folder, when I go to that folder, it displays every normal file and folder as well as all hidden files and folders. Seems to be true of any program that accesses my home folder. It never used to be that way and I have my doubts ubuntu or xubuntu has made that base change.

I'm wondering if anybody else sees this too. It all works and isn't a big deal and I can live with it but it's confusing to see all hidden system files and folders. Thanks for any input.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:55:02 AM by ronjnk »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section