You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 3.0 Keyboard becomes non responsive after some time and system become

Author (Read 2930 times)

Dookus

• Registered Linux User 533331
  • Forum Regular
  • I'm just this guy .... y'know?!
    • View Profile

• CPU: Many

• VIDEO CARD: Many
Just swapped out the RAM on this machine and it seems to be quick and stable, something Nothing has been since installing LL3 on anything as I said before, by 35 minutes the machine would be unresponsive, a couple of hours up and stress tested as well with "stress-ng" while running several apps, rarely had such a run with crud hardware, one more machine here a POS Dell domestic thing that does not even support the ram installed properly runs at a lower bus speed and no bios update to overcome that, suck it and see.
I'm just this guy ... Y'know!?
Registered Linux User 533331

Dookus

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

LL-user thanks.

I am about to install LL3 final release on the 4th desktop in my workshop to use in the workshop at my place of work, it's the last POS I've kept, sadly so far all machines I've tried have been terrible, this one I'm typing from is a half decent machine with a mid rang gaming card of a few years back, lost a spreadsheet that I'd spent some time on on this machine I'm typing from and the poor keyboard is no more .. except for keys I keep finding. (hoping it's just a bad run of stored machines that have developed problems while being stored, moisture and whatever may cause this, they were all serviced and cleaned properly ( was for many years involved in the reconditioning of used hardware)

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Great you got it sorted! :)

Have you seen that you can tweak the power settings (Settings -> Power Manager) to suit your needs?
You can set that when the lid gets closed the screen gets locked instead of the laptop into suspend mode.
Also you can set that your laptop never goes into suspend mode even if it's idle.

All the best :)

Dookus

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Thanks LL-user.
I never even considered attempting update.

After a week using full version only problem I've experienced is a known 16.04 kernel fault where system won't wake from sleep or suspend, have set suspend times to longer than I  normally use the thing and have resisted closing lid.

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi Dookus,

Good plan to upgrade to LL 3.0 before digging deeper into the root cause analysis.
Please note however that there is - according to Jerry - unfortunately no upgrade path available from beta to final.

If you still have the problems, more details about your computer and specific browsing situation will be vital to help you.

All the best :)

Dookus

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Should have mentioned, beta version, will update if final release eases issues

Dookus

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Hi all

Linux Lite 3.0 - Keyboard becomes non responsive after some time when using Chromium and system becomes  flakey after a longer period.

Also mouse becomes non responsive for short periods.

Closing Chromium fixes problem then after a time problem recurs.

System eventually needs hard shut down.

Would you like a System Report?

[size=78%]Cheers all and thanks.[/size]

[size=78%]J [/size]

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section