You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Keyboard not set to the correct layout

Author (Read 10292 times)

Re: Keyboard not set to the correct layout
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 05:47:16 PM »

PeterV

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Turion II

• MEMORY: 4Gb
Ok, fixed it by deleting the second entry in the keyboard layout box.  So now there is only one layout on the system, but it is the one I want.

This just solved my query, thanks! My " and @ were swapped and I'd set the layout to what turned out to be the right option, and put English (UK) to the top of the list, but it was only when I deleted English (US) from the list that they unswapped. Cheers!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 07:05:24 AM »

tvjovan

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Atom N550

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3150
I have the same problem. I installed LinuxLite 4.8 on the Asus 1015PEM netbook and I can't find a solution to set up the keyboard properly. I tried with several tips found on the forum but to no avail. I changed the keyboard settings, changed the num lock setting ... It is interesting that the wireless usb keyboard works immediately correctly ...

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 04:16:31 PM »

timbuck2

• Patreon Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD64

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX1070

• Kernel: 5.x
Ok, fixed it by deleting the second entry in the keyboard layout box.  So now there is only one layout on the system, but it is the one I want.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »

timbuck2

• Patreon Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD64

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX1070

How do I get the alternate keyboard setting to load at start?

I set the new keyboard layout to the top entry in the keyboard settings like this:

Then I added the keyboard plugin to the taskbar and chose the layout I wanted (intl with deadkeys).

But when I log out and log back in, the dead keys are turned off.  I have to click on the taskbar indicator to switch until it works.

What am I doint wrong?

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 05:11:47 AM »

AcsPrime

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hey,

You can see my keyboard settings here: https://ibb.co/Ny57MzP
This is set as default, but when I boot up the machine I have to go in, choose another layout, and then choose Portuguese layout again to get it to correctly load.
Before I do this I can see that, even though the layout is set to Portuguese, the keys produced by the keyboard are not of Portuguese layout.

I've done this in other distros and during installation I set the Portuguese layout and had no issues.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:06:24 AM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

[...] I have the layout set to Portuguese (standard) and the keyboard is not mapped correctly.
I have to go into the Keyboard settings, change to a different layout and then change back to Portuguese to get the correct layout. [...]

Hello! :)
Solving the problem, has TWO steps.
1. What type of keyboard do you have? Is it PORTUGUESE? If so, you made the wrong keyboard choice during installation.
2. In the keyboard setup GUI, you need to specify THE DEFAULT LAYOUT and set it for all applications.
That means this sequence:
Settings Manager --> Keyboard  --> Layout
On this interface, you have a list of options. First, is the HARDWARE layout. This will determine the behaviour of your keyboard so, if the keyboard has a portuguese layout, you have to choose accordingly. If it is an US Layout, leave it as it is, but you have to be aware that you have to know the portuguese layout BY HARD, in order to be able to get what you want, since what is written on the keys is different from what the key prints in the opened file (or console).
If you want the portuguese layout to be the default, you need to go to the "Keyboard Layout" option and MOVE the Portuguese Layout on the first place.
Than, using the [Alt+Shift] accelerator, you can switch back and forth through all installed layouts. The keyboard layout in the taskbar, will change accordingly, showing the country flag.
Good luck! :)
If this solves the problem, please, mark the thread [SOLVED].

Best regards! :)
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

Keyboard not set to the correct layout
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:55:57 AM »

AcsPrime

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have the layout set to Portuguese (standard) and the keyboard is not mapped correctly.
I have to go into the Keyboard settings, change to a different layout and then change back to Portuguese to get the correct layout.

I have to do this every time I boot to get the correct layout. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this to stick?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section