Software - Support > Other

Keyboard not set to the correct layout

<< < (2/2)

Şerban S.:

--- Quote from: AcsPrime on February 25, 2021, 04:55:57 AM ---[...] I have the layout set to Portuguese (standard) and the keyboard is not mapped correctly.
I have to go into the Keyboard settings, change to a different layout and then change back to Portuguese to get the correct layout. [...]
--- End quote ---

Hello! :)
Solving the problem, has TWO steps.
1. What type of keyboard do you have? Is it PORTUGUESE? If so, you made the wrong keyboard choice during installation.
2. In the keyboard setup GUI, you need to specify THE DEFAULT LAYOUT and set it for all applications.
That means this sequence:
Settings Manager --> Keyboard  --> Layout
On this interface, you have a list of options. First, is the HARDWARE layout. This will determine the behaviour of your keyboard so, if the keyboard has a portuguese layout, you have to choose accordingly. If it is an US Layout, leave it as it is, but you have to be aware that you have to know the portuguese layout BY HARD, in order to be able to get what you want, since what is written on the keys is different from what the key prints in the opened file (or console).
If you want the portuguese layout to be the default, you need to go to the "Keyboard Layout" option and MOVE the Portuguese Layout on the first place.
Than, using the [Alt+Shift] accelerator, you can switch back and forth through all installed layouts. The keyboard layout in the taskbar, will change accordingly, showing the country flag.
Good luck! :)
If this solves the problem, please, mark the thread [SOLVED].

Best regards! :)

AcsPrime:
Hello,

I have the layout set to Portuguese (standard) and the keyboard is not mapped correctly.
I have to go into the Keyboard settings, change to a different layout and then change back to Portuguese to get the correct layout.

I have to do this every time I boot to get the correct layout. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this to stick?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version