You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

2 of 5 USB ports will not allow the pulged in device to be seen?

Author (Read 3235 times)

Re: 2 of 5 USB ports will not allow the pulged in device to be seen?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 02:48:01 AM »

Muhammad Umar Farooq

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I have up-loaed Linuxlite 5.0 by making Bootable USB and system is working well but my wireless USB MT-Link, MT-WN641 is not accepting Firefox operating system. Can someone solve this problem so that my problem be resolved. I do not know either there is a driver issue or something elase in operating system.
Thanks and regards

wireless wify USB Mt-Link MT-wn641
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:31:51 AM »

Muhammad Umar Farooq

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
I just loaded Linux Lite 4.8 onto a friends HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One desktop computer.
This computer has 6 USB ports. Four in the very back and two on the left side of the frame.
If I plug a USB thumb drive into the two ports on the left side of the computer, nothing happens. No icon is shown on the desktop. These ports would be the most convenient to access for everyday use.
If I go to "Disk" it shows the device mounted but it is at a location which cannot be opened by clicking on any file folder. ( File System Root which has a large black X on it)  There are many other files shown, but none show the contents of the USB drive.
If I plug in the USB thumb drive to any of the four ports on the BACK of the computer, the drive files are opened instantly with an icon shown
I'm at a stand still on this problem.

Re: 2 of 5 USB ports will not allow the pulged in device to be seen?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:14:53 AM »

Rapidrob

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
I found the problem.

2 of 5 USB ports will not allow the pulged in device to be seen?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »

Rapidrob

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
I just loaded Linux Lite 4.8 onto a friends HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One desktop computer.
This computer has 6 USB ports. Four in the very back and two on the left side of the frame.
If I plug a USB thumb drive into the two ports on the left side of the computer, nothing happens. No icon is shown on the desktop. These ports would be the most convenient to access for everyday use.
If I go to "Disk" it shows the device mounted but it is at a location which cannot be opened by clicking on any file folder. ( File System Root which has a large black X on it)  There are many other files shown, but none show the contents of the USB drive.
If I plug in the USB thumb drive to any of the four ports on the BACK of the computer, the drive files are opened instantly with an icon shown
I'm at a stand still on this problem.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:15:16 AM by Rapidrob »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section