You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Issue with Taskbar Panel - disappears everytime system is rebooted.

Author (Read 4048 times)

Re: Issue with Taskbar Panel - disappears everytime system is rebooted.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 10:52:13 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Did you use sudo or root to make any changes to the panel? The panel is controlled with user settings. If you made changes using root or sudo the panel will not reconnect to the dbus service.
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=14730
TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: Issue with Taskbar Panel - disappears everytime system is rebooted.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 09:35:19 AM »

LEGO

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I would also like help with the panel please. When I use tweaks to restore the panel, I get this error message:
Failed to quit the panel
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.xfce.Panel was not provided by any .service files

Issue with Taskbar Panel - disappears everytime system is rebooted.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:03:01 AM »

sharshgarg

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello, I was setting up notification widget for Power and Brightness in the tasks bar when suddenly the taskbar disappeared, then restored it from Lite Tweaks Taskbar Restore option but now every time i reboot the taskbar is does not appear have to repeat the Restore process from Lite Tweaks setting it back to default undoing all my customization. I would highly appreciate if somebody can help me with this

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section