You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Internet Stops working frequently

Author (Read 4828 times)

Re: Internet Stops working frequently
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »

UglyStuff

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel CoreDuo @ 1.83GHz (Early 2006 Apple MacBook Pro)

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon X1600 (not sure)
Hi,

I have the same problem with Lite 32-bit on an Early 2006 MacBook Pro, be it in Ethernet or WiFi. Seems that after a while, the OS powers down the network cards to save power (?), the way it does in Windows unless you tell it not to. Happens on AC too, so I could be mistaken.

It's infrequent in my case, but when it happens, I can't find connectivity back, and I have to reboot.

One other thing, that might or might not be related: I can connect to my phone's hotspot (Android 7) or, as is the case right now, to the hotspot on my Windows Server 2019 PC, but not to the house modem, although they all share the same security protocols (WPA2-Personal).

Must be a setting somewhere, but i haven't found it.

Re: Internet Stops working frequently
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 07:55:17 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Hi!

If you have other computers or devices connected to the same internet, do they work correctly?
I would suggest rebooting your modem/router as a first step.
Is only the computer with Linux Lite is affected, it could be the Wi-Fi driver or card itself.
If you have another OS on the same machine that works OK, the driver then could be the cultpri and needs to be changed or updated.
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

Internet Stops working frequently
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »

Intebat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello There,i recently installed linux lite on my usb (not the live) and just connected to wifi,the strange part is that my internet stops working every few minutes and comes back again,my wifi is still connected but it's the internet which is not working,this is really frustrating me and i look forward for a solution to this issue,thanks.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section