You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Install Updates Graphical Glitch

Author (Read 8030 times)

Re: Install Updates Graphical Glitch
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 09:11:47 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Humm, Jerry's right.
If you change de DE to something other than XFCE, only that could cause your problem. :-/
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 09:52:39 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
That UI looks anything but Linux Lite, very heavily modified it would be difficult to know where to begin troubleshooting this.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Oh hi Mart! ;)

Just wanted to let you know that this is one of the most clear and detailed help request I've seen. ;)

It could be a bug but since I'm not on the LL team and specially not a programmer, I would just ask if you perhaps installed apps that could change how the desktop environment reacts?
For exemple, a desktop switcher or manager, something that could "manage" active tasks or maybe transfer them to desktop 2,etc. (i.e. You can have multiple desktops in Linux).

Oh, or maybe you changed Kernels manually?
A far fetched idea would be to try a different video driver... but I wouldn't bet on that. ;)

We'll, I'm going back to work now, see ya!
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

Install Updates Graphical Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 01:52:15 PM »

Mart

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Has anyone experienced an annoying graphical glitch when using Linux Lite's native update utility ('Install Updates')?

I've experienced this same glitch / bug in the past when running the 4 series and now it's happening again with LL 5.0. I've never experienced this issue with LL 3.8, which I'm still running as my main driver, and I've never had any other graphical problems or bugs with Linux Lite - it's that good. I'd like to move over to the 5 series permanently before the year is out, but would like to solve this issue before doing so.

To best explain this glitch / bug, I've posted the following images to illustrate the problem -

1. The updates are fetched and displayed as per normal.

2. 'Downloading - Please wait' - graphical horizontal moving bar window appears.

3. Glitch - graphical horizontal moving bar window blinks out and disappears as quickly as it first appears.

4. Empty screen follows - no graphical confirmation of progress and that updates are being installed and working.

When this first happened, I thought the updates had failed and tried to run the process again but was locked out and told that another process was working in the background.

What I discovered later was that the updates were still downloading and installing in the background, but I only realized this later when the 'Updates Successful' window finally popped-up.

I've tried to solve this bug by running Lite Tweaks 'Package System Repair' utility but this didn't help. I've also checked for broken dependencies in Synaptic but it tells me there are none.

Any suggestions about how to fix this small but annoying graphical glitch would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

:)
Still running 3.8 and lovin' it  (running 5.0 as a triple boot)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section