You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

LL 5.4 Hibernate won't come back

Author (Read 1287 times)

Re: LL 5.4 Hibernate won't come back
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 01:05:53 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
when I choose the actual kernel it look like booting but ends up in black screen
Probably because of nomodeset option in default grub. Also check all the UUID numbers to see if they are correct for resume.
https://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/14/configuring-lubuntu-18-04-to-enable-hibernation-using-a-swap-file/
TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: LL 5.4 Hibernate won't come back
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:57:21 AM »

freewind

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Xenon E5-1603 2,80GHz

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GF108GL Quadro 600
Some further findings:
After adding resume-UUID and "nomodest" to /etc/default/grub it has a totally different behavior between "sudo systemctl hibernate" and the "hibernate button" and "sudo pm-hibernate"

"sudo systemctl hibernate" work as expected.

"sudo pm-hibernate" is a little bit faster at power down. But on boot it go to the grub menu and when I choose the actual kernel it look like booting but ends up in black screen. 

"hibernate button" showing stop network and power down.
On boot I got a faster normal boot.

How to get the working "systemctl hibernate" to the hibernate button?

LL 5.4 Hibernate won't come back
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »

freewind

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Xenon E5-1603 2,80GHz

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GF108GL Quadro 600
Hi there,

I have fresh installed LL 5.4 on a Dell T3600(UEFI disabled) with success.
By testing some functions I find out that Hibernate  (sudo pm-hibernate) work well (save pages to swap partition, power-off)
and on Power-On it reads the pages back (can see on screen) (resume: image successfully loaded) but then nothing happens. No further boot, no Alt-F1-F6 worked. Only power down to reboot normal.

If I use the Hibernation button in Menu it is nothing to see (only the wait time for network interface to come down) and system power off.
On power back the system normal boots.

Any help is welcome.

THX Frank

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section