You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Wireless not conne tiong to "new" networks

Author (Read 2840 times)

Re: Wireless not conne tiong to "new" networks
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »

circular_mews

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Sempron SI-42

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3100
Hi elkelein,

I don't know what the problem could be for you, but I had a similar problem after doing an update in another distro, Debian.  NetworkManager would not detect my network, even after a reboot.  The following worked for me:
Code: [Select]
iwconfig wlan0 essid <yourAP>
after that, my connection showed up.

Wireless not conne tiong to "new" networks
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »

eikelein

• ComputoSaurus
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Computer Trouble?

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi;My (older) laptop works almost perfectly fine with LL 4.4. After installing LL 4.4 it detected all available wireless networks and connects fine to the two of them that are from my router.
The machine has been turned on and off several times. I take it to a friend's house and it will not connect to any other wireless networks. Sometimes they show up in the list of networks but mostly they are all greyed out! Sometimes they don't show up at all!
Coming from Windows I thought I'd just un-install and re-install Networking altogether because that has cured many, many similar networking problems on Windows in the past.
I could not find anything to achieve a similar effect in LL (or Ubuntu for that matter).  Any suggestions anybody? TIA
Btw. the machine is Gateway NV76R24u
Regards and again TIAEike
HP Desktop AMD A8 quad/2.5Ghz
240GB Crucial SSD Linux Lite 5.2

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I will meet you there.
                                             (Rumi 1207-1273)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section