You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

how to change key function on keyboard

Author (Read 6507 times)

Re: how to change key function on keyboard
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »

kat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 800MHz cache size 256kb fpu (yes)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corp. C67 Geforce 7150/nForce 630m
Thanks, Jerry, for replying,
NO, my system info says I have Linux Lite 4.6 64 bit. I wonder why it's showing a different version on my info here on the forum. I downloaded the uefi 4.2 version, because the normal downloads wouldn't work on my chromebook, probably secure boot or something. Anyway, from there, I updated to 4.6. My chromebook is Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571 Auron-Yuna.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:31:47 PM by kat »

Re: how to change key function on keyboard
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 01:47:49 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
What make and model Chromebook? What version of Linux Lite? Your profile says 2.8 64bit?? Lets start there.

how to change key function on keyboard
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 01:28:38 AM »

kat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 800MHz cache size 256kb fpu (yes)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corp. C67 Geforce 7150/nForce 630m
I don't know where to ask this question. I'm sorry if I have it wrong here. I totally put Linux Lite on my chromebook as the operating system. It works great, but the top keys on the keyboard don't all work. Is there a way to make them do what I want? I had Lubuntu 19.10 on it once, and they had an easy way to fix the keys the way you want them. I don't know how to do that in Linux Lite. I would like some help with this. I have the top three on the right working as mute, lower sound, and raise sound. The others don't work, like the two that control brightness and also the screenshot key and the key that makes the screen large or small, also the refresh button, these don't work. The top left and right arrows work though. Please help. Kinda dumb here with Linux things. Thanks, Karen Atkisson

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section