You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HBOMAX

Author (Read 6400 times)

Re: HBOMAX
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:45:27 PM by Jerry »

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 10:09:47 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

@sameck It seems it's has nothing to do with whatever browser you're trying to use but rather that HBO isn't working on Linux. Read here https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/08/hbo-max-cranks-up-the-widevine-drm-leaves-linux-users-in-the-cold/ here's an excerpt
the root cause of the problem is that the Widevine DRM attempting to protect HBO Max's content from pirates is refusing to recognize any Linux system as a known platform. We saw the same thing happen in January, when CBS All Access suddenly stopped working on Linux in the same way. When we asked CBS executives if they had enabled the Verified Media Path (VMP) requirement on their Widevine server, they suddenly clammed up—but later that day, the service miraculously worked for Linux users again.
and here https://dangillmor.com/2020/08/10/hbo-hates-linux-users/ the author explains that he contacted HBOMAX support requesting assistance since he could no longer use the service on Ubuntu and said
Here’s what “customer support” told me in an email: “We do not support usage under this operating system.”
So, sadly it'd appear you can not longer play HBOMAX content on Linux, at least for now.
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 04:09:33 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

@sameck ,
For this, use Google Chrome not Chromium.
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 10:33:14 PM »

sameck

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm in a supported country but not on a supported OS.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 10:31:14 PM »

sameck

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
From my original message..."I even attempted to install the Chromium browser but was met with the same trouble. "

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

@sameck ,
As a test, have you tried to access HBOMAX with another browser, like Google Chrome?
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Hi!

Have you changed security settings or installed an ad-blocker?
When using a "private Windows, quite a few sites to now work properly, same with an ad-blocker.
Also, are you in the supported countries list for the site (not shown in your profile).

If all of the above is correct, I would suggest clearing your browser cache but you already tried a different browser.
Maybe, try to create a new Linux user profil and try from there?
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »

sameck

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.  The HBOMAX site actually prompts for DRM to be turned on when you attempt to turn it off as it is required and the Google CDM is automatically installed/enabled after clicking to enable DRM. Sadly it still will not play the content.  It make me wonder why it ever worked.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Last week I was able to log onto HBOMAX and watch a show via the Firefox browser.  Last night I attempted to watch the latest episode and now I cannot play any titles from the website. The error is "Can't Play Title, We're having trouble playing this video. Try again later." In the interim I installed the latest patches.  I have used Timeshift to revert to an image available from a few days before the patching.  Unfortunately this has not resolved the problem.  I even attempted to install the Chromium browser but was met with the same trouble.  Linux (of any flavor) is not on the supported OS list.  The rub of it is is that it did work.  Any ideas out there?  I thought maybe it may have to do with DRM content but I'm really sure how to pursue that.
LL v4.8

Maybe this can help https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-drm
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

HBOMAX
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:06:04 PM »

sameck

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Last week I was able to log onto HBOMAX and watch a show via the Firefox browser.  Last night I attempted to watch the latest episode and now I cannot play any titles from the website. The error is "Can't Play Title, We're having trouble playing this video. Try again later." In the interim I installed the latest patches.  I have used Timeshift to revert to an image available from a few days before the patching.  Unfortunately this has not resolved the problem.  I even attempted to install the Chromium browser but was met with the same trouble.  Linux (of any flavor) is not on the supported OS list.  The rub of it is is that it did work.  Any ideas out there?  I thought maybe it may have to do with DRM content but I'm really sure how to pursue that.  Or maybe I need a different codec?
LL v4.8
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:13:45 PM by sameck »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section